KXEN, the leading provider of predictive analytics for business users, today announced InfiniteInsight® Version 6.5, which includes the introduction of InfiniteInsight® Recommendation, the first-ever recommendation engine based on predictive analytics, as well as major advances across the complete InfiniteInsight® suite.
InfiniteInsight® Version 6.5 marks a new era of personalization, speed and ease of use in predictive analytics and data mining solutions.
InfiniteInsight® Recommendation First-Ever Recommendation Engine Based on Predictive Analytics
Many of today’s websites lack personalized recommendation capabilities, relying on “bestseller” rules and simplistic approaches based on past purchases and product tags to deliver product recommendations. Lots of websites simply make the same offer, no matter what the visitor profile. Other sites lack a recommendation capability altogether.
InfiniteInsight® Recommendation is built to provide personalized recommendations, like products, content or targeted ads, to each unique visitor. Unlike traditional recommendation engines, InfiniteInsight® Recommendation is designed with the following core capabilities:
• Adaptive: addresses any type of business question, including product recommendations, personalizing digital content, social recommendations (e.g. friends) and targeted ads.
• Big Data: analyzes all available Big Data sources both structured and unstructured including visitor click paths, browsed products, items placed in shopping carts, social circles, and purchase transactions.
• Plug & Play: creates highly targeted recommendations by integrating with InfiniteInsight®’s other predictive modeling methods as well as integrates with existing business rules to balance automated recommendations with corporate knowledge and know-how.
In a limited release, InfiniteInsight® Recommendation has already demonstrated success with some of the world’s largest e-Businesses:
• Allegro the biggest non-eBay marketplace worldwide delivers over 80 million personalized product recommendations to its 75 websites daily. As a result, the company has increased page views per visit by 30% and click-through rate on recommended products by 500%. “InfiniteInsight® Recommendation is driving personalized product recommendations to millions of unique website visitors every day,” said Rafa Kudliski, Data Warehouse Manager of Allegro Group.
• Allociné the second largest online movie information service in the world, serves 600 million monthly movie recommendations to its 35 million unique visitors, increasing pages per visit by 9%. “It’s like KXEN knows what our audience is thinking, what they like and where they will click next. For us, it’s the best choice we made this year,” said Frédéric Krebs, COO of Allociné Group.
• Skyrock.com makes friend recommendations to the social networking site’s 18 million unique visitors, driving up connections among community members and resulting in increased stickiness of its site. “We’re ecstatic with the results we’ve achieved. KXEN’s InfiniteInsight® Recommendation is giving us the ability to offer our members new services which have boosted engagement and overall site stickiness,” said Rémi Kirche, Marketing Director at Skyrock.com.
Additionally, KXEN placed #7 worldwide in Kaggle’s Million Song Dataset Challenge, a competition to build a music recommendation system to predict which song a user will listen to next. Kaggle, a platform for predictive modeling competitions, has a community of 17,000 data scientists.
InfiniteInsight® Version 6.5 - Feature Highlights
• Social Influence building on InfiniteInsight® Social’s capabilities to determine for each individual node (e.g. a mobile phone subscriber) the number of other nodes they will influence for a specific business question. For example, if a mobile phone subscriber cancels their mobile service, how many other subscribers will be influenced to do the same.
• Reason Codes identify the top variables which influence the prediction for a specific individual. Reason codes are instrumental in regulated industries like financial services which require that the service provider can explain why a decision was made (e.g. an applicant was declined for a new credit card).
• SAP Database Certification support for SAP-HANA and SAP-Sybase IQ 15.4 to deliver unparalleled speed and performance analyzing Big Data to build predictive models.
“We are delighted with the new levels of personalization our customers have achieved on their websites,” said John Ball, CEO of KXEN. “We designed InfiniteInsight® Recommendation to help our customers hone in on website visitors’ interests to create highly targeted recommendations.”
KXEN (kxen.com) is revolutionizing the way companies use predictive analytics to make better decisions on petabytes of big data. Based on patented innovations, the company's flagship product, InfiniteInsight® and its pure cloud-based platform, Cloud Prediction™, delivers orders of magnitude improvements in speed and agility to optimize every step in the customer lifecycle including acquisition, cross-sell, up-sell, retention and next best activity. Proven with over 500 deployments at companies such as AAA, Allegro, Bank of America, Barclays, Belgacom, CBS Interactive, ING Direct, Lowe’s, Meredith Corporation, Mobilink, Overstock.com, PT XL Axiata, RealNetworks, Rhapsody, Rockwell, Rogers, Sears, Shutterfly, Stage Stores, U.S. Cellular and Vodafone, KXEN solutions deliver predictive power and infinite insight. KXEN is headquartered in San Francisco, California with field offices in the U.S., Paris and London.