O’Reilly Strata Conference, Booth No. 803, February 26, 2013 - Dell Software, Inc.
Dell Software continues to gain traction in delivering information management solutions that empower organizations to extract valuable business intelligence from complex and diverse data sources. With the latest release of its Kitenga Analytics solution, Dell further extends the opportunity for business analysts and data scientists to analyze structured, semi-structured and unstructured data stored in Hadoop.
• Kitenga Analytics 2.0 adds new search, indexing and sentiment analysis functionality to help organizations better understand and analyze information that combines both unstructured and structured data.
• Additional support for the Predictive Modeling Markup Language (PMML) provides predictive insight into the meaning and trends associated with unstructured and structured data to improve operational agility and performance management.
• By combining search and analytics in a single, unified environment, Kitenga Analytics enables organizations to more efficiently and effectively process all data information residing in traditional relational databases and Hadoop clusters, including documents, texts, CRM systems, log files, Twitter feeds, Facebook posts, etc. and provide appropriate context and analysis to produce real-world business perspective.
Achieving Faster Time to Business Value
• With Kitenga, companies can harvest and process real-time data from multiple feeds, enabling users to explore and visualize information to gain unprecedented business insight.
o Kitenga’s ability to offer sentiment analysis on big data sources provides more granular insight into how a company’s products, services and communications can be tailored to meet specific customer needs or preferences. For example, Kitenga enables customer care and marketing professionals to evaluate raw text in reviews and direct feedback from social media sources to guide customer satisfaction and retention efforts.
o The ability to search, index and correlate organizational information is highly relevant for companies across all industry segments. In the financial industry, for instance, pattern detection and predictive modeling capabilities play a major role in fraud detection. By integrating structured transaction data with a variety of unstructured private and public information sources, companies can quickly discern patterns associated with fraud.
Polyform U.S. Ltd. Embraces Kitenga to Follow Flow of Critical Market Data
• As the world’s leading manufacturer of marine products, including buoys, fenders and mooring accessories, Polyform U.S. Ltd.® continually embraces leading-edge technologies and agile methodologies to increase automation, productivity and operational efficiencies.
• To that end, the company developed a real-time inventory system to streamline product manufacturing and distribution processes. Polyform also has deployed Microsoft SharePoint, SQL Server and other tools to create agile data warehouses while using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to extract, transform and load data on commodities and competitive pricing. Unfortunately, using a traditional business intelligence and analytics solution proved overly cumbersome while a series of simpler, entry-level products made it nearly impossible to modify search criteria.
• With Dell Software’s Kitenga Analytics Suite, Polyform now can access any data source while taking advantage of Hadoop to capture and visualize pertinent market data. Polyform also is implementing Dell’s Toad database management and optimization solution for SQL Server along with Toad Business Intelligence Suite to further transform data into real-world business insight.
• “With Kitenga Analytics, we can easily access, connect and visualize all kinds of data to attain a complete, global view of raw materials, competitive pricing and everything else that goes into making and marketing our world-class products,” says Art Kuntz, IT manager for Polyform U.S. Ltd. “Accessing whatever data sources we want while leveraging Hadoop gives us unprecedented data agility and solves two problems with one solution.”
• Darin Bartik, executive director, product management, Information Management at Dell Software
“Dell is committed to building a complete analytical fabric of all data sources to reduce the cost, complexity and risk that companies face as they wade through Big Data to improve decision making. With Kitenga Analytics and Toad Business Intelligence Suite, Dell Software is creating a world-class solution set to transform how companies search, correlate and use information to solve their business problems and achieve a bigger competitive edge.”
A Complete End-to-End Information Management Solution
Kitenga Analytics is a part of Dell Software’s Information Management group. Dell enables organizations to turn data into actionable business insights by delivering an integrated set of vendor-, location- and data-agnostic solutions spanning the modern information management lifecycle, including database management and optimization, data integration, data warehousing, business analytics and discovery. Learn more about Dell’s Information Management software solution by visiting us online.
Dell, Inc. (dell.com / quest.com) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.