Today Antenna Software announced it had an extremely successful 2012, including solid customer and partner growth and the notable launch of AMPchroma, a platform that integrates its award-winning, patented technologies and enables businesses to take full control of all of their mobile initiatives. AMPchroma proved a hit with industry analysts, and was instrumental in garnering Antenna status as a Leader in Gartner's 2012 Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms. Antenna was also buoyed by a number of new customer wins and product renewals in 2012, and capped off the year by rolling out the first major update to AMPchroma since the platform's launch early in the year.
The first iteration of AMPchroma was truly unique - serving as the only product in the marketplace to empower enterprises to handle every stage of mobile projects from a single integrated solution. Antenna also marked the launch with the release of timely market research about the mobile business spending and activities of US and UK enterprises, which notably found that businesses were juggling an average of four mobile projects across the business and were working with at least three mobile vendors to meet their needs.
In December, Antenna enhanced AMPchroma with the addition of an open and flexible client that enables app developers to deploy applications built with standard languages and third-party development tools - enabling them to tap into the robust integration, run time, security, and management capabilities of the platform. At the same time Antenna enhanced AMP Studio, its own native cross-platform mobile development environment, with Java support. The new and improved AMPchroma makes it easy for enterprises to get their apps to market quickly - while taking care of the high-grade security, integration, and management capabilities necessary for strategic business applications.
Antenna and many of its customers garnered significant industry recognition in 2012:
• Antenna was one of only three companies to be positioned as a "Leader" in Gartner, Inc's Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms (MADP), and scored highest for product functionality in the companion report,"Critical Capabilities for MADP";
• Frost & Sullivan selected Antenna's AMPchroma as the winner of their 2012 New Product Innovation Award for Mobile Workforce Management;
• The Eaton PowerSource app, created in partnership by AT&T and run on Antenna's platform, won a handful of awards in 2012, including a Forrester Groundswell Award, the Mobile Enterprise Magazine's 2012 Mobilizer Award, and top honors for Game-Changing Technology in Manufacturing Executive's 2012 Manufacturing Leadership 100;
• Antenna was recognized as one of six "Hot Vendors in Mobile, 2012" by Aragon Research, a new technology focused research and advisory firm founded by former Gartner analysts.
Continued Customer Growth and Success
Antenna added significant new customers across key verticals in 2012, even as it continued expanding a number of its key customer and partner relationships:
• Some of the new customers the company onboarded in 2012 include PNC, Coldwell Banker, and iUSAcell, the third largest carrier in Mexico;
• Antenna expanded its work with existing customers by adding users, extending into new geographies, and incorporating new technologies for companies like Post Nord, the Swedish postal service; pharmaceutical manufacturer Novo Nordisk; and Norwegian oil services company, Aker Solutions;
• The company also expanded several of its strategic partnerships, for example working with Huawei to bring on 11 new joint customers in 2012, and with AT&T to successfully deploy several new B2E and B2C mobile apps.
"The mobile application industry evolved significantly last year, and the need for open standards has become increasingly important," said Jim Hemmer, president and CEO for Antenna Software. "Antenna embraced this change and listened to the needs of our customers by opening up our platform to provide the choice and flexibility enterprises desire to build mobile applications, and an easier way to tap into the power of our platform. We saw strong market excitement around AMPchroma, which resulted in many new customer wins and renewals for us in 2012. We also deepened our bench of executive talent with two proven industry veterans, Ken Nicolson and Bill Smith, who join us on our journey to enable our partners and customers to get the most value possible from the mobile channel."
Antenna Software (antennasoftware.com) is a leading enterprise mobility specialist that helps global enterprises build, run, and manage mobile applications and content. Antenna's Mobility Platform, AMPchroma, is the mobile foundation that handles the complex components of the mobile lifecycle that many businesses struggle with, namely security, integration, and management of mobile applications. Antenna helps businesses to reduce costs, speed deployments, and minimize risks, enabling them to safely embrace the tremendous opportunities of enterprise mobility. Hundreds of large enterprises around the world rely on Antenna as their trusted mobility partner. Founded in 1998, Antenna is the largest independent enterprise mobility provider, and is headquartered in Jersey City, NJ with offices around the world.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose