• eVident offers comprehensive software package for network assessment and quality monitoring;
• Takes the guesswork out of deploying and managing video installations, simplifying real-time collaboration for large enterprises and service providers.
eVident offers intelligent monitoring that allows enterprises and service providers to ensure network readiness before and after voice and video applications are deployed. eVident also provides continuous network monitoring of media to ensure Quality of Experience (QoE) for users and to detect faults that may affect application usage.
Real-time collaboration megatrends including desktop and mobile video conferencing both premises and cloud-based are driving mass video adoption. As a result, large enterprises and service providers are taking measures to ensure their networks are voice and video-ready. eVident delivers software-based network monitoring that helps organizations avoid network degradation that results in poor or distorted images or audio, packet loss and delay.
Key components of eVident include:
• Network Readiness Assessments. With PreVideo, network administrators can test their networks and determine if they are ready for Voice over IP (VoIP) and HD video conferencing prior to deployment. PreVideo emulates voice and video systems and can simulate hundreds of calls simultaneously - enabling administrators to determine the impact of video prior to making significant endpoint investments. Through test results, recommendations are determined for network enhancements to prevent problems before they occur.
• Real-time Voice and Video Monitoring. RVMON delivers real time QoE monitoring through continuous collecting and analysis of audio and video metrics of conferences throughout the entire installation. Bandwidth monitoring helps define bottlenecks, usage trends and traffic routing patterns; QoE reports enable administrators to determine adaptive and corrective actions for continuous optimization of the user experience.
• Quality Measurement and Analysis. VQInsider provides in-depth measurement and analysis of the user experience for quantification of voice and video quality. Through detailed reports from non-intrusive examination of network and audio/video codec parameters, VQInsider determines the cause of quality issues and defines improvement options, enabling organizations to develop and maintain HD video conferencing applications and services.
Radvision’s eVident enables a proactive approach to avoid call quality problems before they occur ensuring administrators deliver the highest application performance possible. When reactive measures are required, it also increases efficiency by providing real-time analysis and diagnostics.
“Video conferencing has expanded far beyond the executive board room and onto users’ desktop PCs, notebooks, tablets, and smart phones. This is very good news for business productivity, but can be overwhelming to enterprise data networks and network administrators. Radvision eVident enables organizations to pre-assess the readiness of their network for IP audio and video traffic, and supports ongoing, real-time monitoring of the data network and audio/video experience. eVident helps take the guesswork out of IP audio and video deployments while ensuring a high quality video experience in even the largest deployments.” Ira M. Weinstein, Senior Analyst & Partner, Wainhouse Research
About Radvision, an Avaya Company
Radvision (radvision.com), an Avaya company, is a leading provider of video conferencing and telepresence technologies over IP and wireless networks. Radvision teams with its channel and service provider partners to offer end-to-end visual communications that help businesses collaborate more efficiently. Radvision propels the unified communications evolution forward with unique technologies that harness the power of video, voice, and data over any network.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at sec.gov/. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Radvision and Scopia are registered trademarks of Radvision, an Avaya Company. All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners. All rights reserved © 2013 Radvision, an Avaya Company.