NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom, 2013/01/28 - Antix Labs ‘Triple Lock’ Game Security Scheme to Help Publishers & IP Holders Distribute and Monetize Games in Growth and Emerging Markets. Makes Antix Game Service typically more secure than other deployment schemes - AntixLabs.com.
Antix Labs today launches its ‘Triple Lock’ Game Security Scheme designed to help developers and publishers distribute games more securely, combating piracy and plagiarism.
Antix has spent more than five years collaborating with blue chip technology companies developing a set of advanced, practical and unique security measures that make its Antix Game Service typically more secure than that offered by traditional game publishing and deployment schemes. The name "Triple-Lock" refers to Antix security features applied to three phases of the game lifecycle:
• Development Phase
• Distribution Phase
• On-Device Execution Phase
Adrian Dawson, Antix’s Engineering Director said,“Western publishers have been reluctant to deploy in a number of the high growth, game centric markets because of IP breaches and consumer piracy. Antix has created a high definition, high performance game service that enables consumers in mature, growth and emerging markets to share virally and play socially both across the cloud and off-network in a manner that protects the intellectual property and the revenue of our publishers.”
Development Phase - Antix maintains security through:
• Requirement for developers to register to get Antix online support.
• Requirement to register each individual device to be used for testing.
• Requirement for developers to register in order to submit games for certification by Antix.
• Certification of games to meet a set of automated and manual test criteria.
• Disallowing certification of any games that seemingly violate IP or are blatant clones of other developers and publishers.
Deployment Phase - Antix maintains security through:
• Cryptographic digital signing of game files.
• Proprietary, non-executable game representation that encourages social sharing of games without fear of piracy.
On-Device Execution Phase - Antix maintains security through:
• A carefully engineered interface between the Antix Game Player and game files making any content functionally useless without the presence of the Player.
• Cryptographic authentication to verify that games were certified by Antix and were not modified since signing.
• Sophisticated runtime consistency checks to ensure games are free of tampering.
• Optional ability for publishers to apply additional layers of security on a game-by-game basis.
Francis Charig, Antix’s Founder, said,“The Antix Game Player is deploying high quality game services on TVs, tablets, phones and other devices in-the-home and on-the-move. We have set out to look at all of the key problems that have been challenging the games industry and one-by-one remove them as obstacles, such as reducing the problems of fragmentation and viral sharing without compromising publishers’ revenues. More announcements about radically improved functionality will be forthcoming soon but at this time we are delighted to be able to explain to publishers and developers how we can help give them the confidence to enter markets that historically have not appealed despite their clear potential.”
About Antix Labs Ltd (Antix)
Antix (antixlabs.com) has developed the Antix Game Player incorporating a consumer-focused distribution file format and service that makes games even more viral than music and video whilst still protecting the rights and the revenues of the developers. It enables consumers to copy, share, challenge and play with others not only via a service provider’s network but also off-network by means of wireless technologies such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Direct. Antix connects consumers across feature phones and smartphones, tablets, TVs, set top boxes, PCs and other devices even when a provider’s network is inaccessible, intermittent, slow or full as is the reality in home and on mobile across most of the world. The company offers the Game Player, corresponding tools, certification mechanism, optional white-label store and an optional game warehouse necessary to deploy a complete service offering. The Antix Game Service is being used as a core gaming component by major operators, broadcasters, device manufacturers and retailers across the globe. Headquartered in the Reading Enterprise Centre in Reading, England and with offices in America and Asia, Antix was founded by Francis Charig, a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer.