The list, presented at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, ranks companies that show they are increasing productivity while using less resources. Atlas Copco is ranked 18th on the list.
Sustainability lies at the heart of Atlas Copco’s innovative products and employee mindset.“Being socially and environmentally responsible is not only the right thing to do but is how we develop and grow our business in a profitable way,” said Ronnie Leten, President and CEO at Atlas Copco. ”The very latest examples of this are the new compressor factories in India and China, which are built according to LEED.”
The manufacturing facility in Pune, India, will be inaugurated on Feb. 21, the same day that Atlas Copco celebrates 140 years as an industrial leader. The factory in Wuxi, China will be inaugurated in March. Both are top-modern facilities built according to the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design standard.
Other sustainability initiatives include:
• Boosting customer energy efficiency by at least 20% between 2010 and 2020 by continuously making products more efficient.
• Striving for zero work-related accidents.
• Developing effective HIV/AIDS and wellness programs in countries where diseases have an impact on employees and the local community.
• Reducing Atlas Copco’s water consumption, and promoting clean drinking water in countries in need.
• Increasing diversity in both nationality and gender.
• Working actively to eliminate corruption.
The Global 100 list is presented annually at the World Economic Forum. It is based on a selection of 4 000 developed and emerging market companies, which are measured against key performance indicators such as revenues in relation to consumption of energy and water. It’s the seventh time that Atlas Copco is included on the list. To read more, see global100.org/.
For further information please contact: Karin Holmquist, Vice President Corporate Responsibility +46 (0)8 743 9645 or +46(0)70 237 9645
Atlas Copco (atlascopco.com) is an industrial group with world-leading positions in compressors, expanders and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. With innovative products and services, Atlas Copco delivers solutions for sustainable productivity. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 170 countries. In 2011, Atlas Copco had 37 500 employees and revenues of BSEK 81 (BEUR 9).