Less than eighteen months after introducing Sophos Mobile Control into its complete security product portfolio, the company today announced that more than one million devices worldwide are now managed by the mobile device management (MDM) solution. This milestone comes on the heels of several major MDM developments in 2012, from a strategic acquisition to major product enhancements to the release of several free mobile security apps. Highlights from the year include:
• Acquisition of Dialogs, one of Europe’s leading MDM providers; the acquisition further solidifies Sophos’ leadership position within enterprise mobile protection;
• Sophos Mobile Control 2.5, which provides a simple way to bring BYOD into the enterprise—quickly, safely and securely—with a new web-based administrative console and extensive feature set;
• Sophos Mobile Control as-a-Service, which eliminates hardware costs and reduces time to administer MDM solutions. With a choice of delivery models, businesses can quickly and easily deploy an MDM solution without any changes to their existing IT infrastructures;
• Sophos Mobile Security, a free lightweight anti-virus app that protects Android devices against malware, privacy issues and hardware loss;
• Sophos Mobile Encryption, a free app that integrates with Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise, allowing customers who use the Encryption for Cloud Storage module to securely view documents saved in Dropbox or Egnyte on Android and iOS devices.
“Enterprise Mobility Management is a key focus area for Sophos and this will continue into the coming year, with bigger launches, greater integration and more platform support, all of which we’re excited to introduce to partners and customers,” said Thomas Lippert, senior product manager, Sophos. “More customers are turning to Sophos Mobile Control to protect their mobile workforces, and this increased adoption has been further accelerated by our complete security approach, of which mobile plays a key part.”
For more information about mobile products from Sophos, please visit our website.
More than 100 million users in 150 countries rely on Sophos as the best protection against complex threats and data loss. Sophos is committed to providing security and data protection solutions that are simple to manage, deploy and use and that deliver the industry's lowest total cost of ownership. Sophos offers award-winning encryption, endpoint security, web, email, and network access control solutions backed by SophosLabs - a global network of threat intelligence centers. With more than two decades of experience, Sophos is regarded as a leader in security and data protection by top analyst firms and has received many industry awards.
Sophos is headquartered in Boston, US and Oxford, UK.