NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Shanghai, China, 2006/12/30 - The China Supply Chain Council just announced the latest lineup of speakersfor its first annual HazMat and Dangerous Goods Logistics Forum to be held in Shanghai on January 17, 2007.
China's quick growth in the industrial sector is driven by increasing demand for many raw materials that are sometimes hazardous chemicals and special gases.
As the Chinese and overseas governments are strengthening safety controls over hazardous chemicals, the availability of good quality and safe transportation for these products has become increasingly important to all manufacturers.
The China Supply Chain Council will organize on January 17 the first major conference on Dangerous Goods Logistics in China and key executives from leading manufacturers, logistics providers and experts will discuss the realities of working with dangerous goods in China:
Hear from industry specialists including:
- Raymond Xu, Asia Pacific SCM & CRM Manager, AKZO NOBEL SHANGHAI
- Lucy Kong, Supply Chain Manager, Asia, DEGUSSA CHINA
- Samuel Wong, Regional Director Asia of Analytical Services, BUREAU VERITAS
- Jim Powell, President, TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT GROUP
- Arnie Bornstein, Director of Marketing & Corporate Communications, BDP INTERNATIONAL
- Eugene Lim, Senior Foreign Lawyer, BAKER & MCKENZIE
- Helena Liu, Director, S&W INTERNATIONAL CHEMICAL LOGISTICS
- Dirk Czarnowski, Technical Manager Chemical & Textile South China, TUV SUD
- Ursula Schumacher, Technical Manager, INTERTEK
This conference will focus on domestic dangerous goods transport, planning, harmonization, security and other important issues facing the industry today. Hear from China’s top experts and regulators while you network with colleagues from all over the globe.
Interested to be a Speaker or Panelist? If you want to present or share your experience on hazardous materials in China as a speaker or panelist, email us today as there are still a few slots available. For additional conference information or to obtain press credentials to attend the event, please contact Max Henry by email.
About The Council
The China Supply Chain Council provides operational knowledge and contacts in the field of supply chain management. The Council's membership, newsletters, benchmark surveys, research reports and educational events support Top 1000 manufacturers and retailers’ executives - and the solution providers and the consultants who serve them.