NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2012/11/13 - National Instruments extends the PXI platform with the NI RMC-8355 rack-mount controller and the NI PXIe-PCIe8381 PXI Express remote controller. NASDAQ: NATI
• First NI rugged rack-mount controller and new PXI Express remote controller deliver high data streaming performance, expanding PXI platform capabilities to include PC control from off-the-shelf computing platforms;
• New products offer an extremely high-performance computing combination that separates system control from the peripheral modules inside the PXI chassis.
The RMC-8355 1U rugged rack-mount controller for PXI and PXI Express systems features up to two high-performance quad-core Intel® Xeon® E5620 processors, making it ideal for high-performance test and measurement applications, and mission critical test and control. The NI PXIe-PCIe8381 PXI Express remote controller is a high-performance MXI link featuring a x8 Gen 2 cabled PCI Express link to connect a PXI Express chassis to desktop PCs with a fully transparent, high-bandwidth link.
• Up to two quad-core Intel Xeon E5620 processors for eight cores of computing performance, with 2.4 GHz base clock frequency and 2.66 GHz single-core turbo frequency
• High availability features, such as hot-swappable fans and redundant hard-drives and power supplies, maximize system uptime
• Sustained throughput of 3.2 GB/s per direction and 5 m maximum cable length with rugged latching connectors
• NI MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility Software ensures easy connection with a variety of PCs for direct control of PXI Express systems
Readers interested in learning more about the PXI platform can visit ni.com/pxi.
Pricing and Contact Information
NI RMC-8355 priced* from $8,999; €7,549; ¥1,092, 000
NI PXIe-PCIe8381 priced* from $1,999; €1,799; ¥243,000
*All prices are subject to change without notice.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.