Fingerprint Cards AB (publ), Corp. Reg. No. 556154-2381, (FPC)
Third quarter 2012:
• Sales totaled SEK 2.6 M (20.2).
• According to the new calculation method, a gross loss of SEK 0.9 M (profit: 10.0) was reported.
• According to the former calculation method, gross profit of SEK 2.1 M (11.9) would have been reported.
• The loss after financial items amounted to SEK 9.7 M (profit: 4.3).
• According to the new calculation method, the gross margin was minus 34% (+50%).
• According to the former calculation method, the gross margin would have been 83% (59 %).
• The loss per share totaled SEK 0.22 (profit: 0.10).
• Forecast for full-year 2012: very low sales during the second half of 2012.
• Henrik Storm was appointed VP Customer Projects and became a memeber of the management team.
• CEO Johan Carlström sold 100,000 shares to finance the purchase of 2,308, 000 warrants.
• A resolution was taken at an Extraordinary General Meeting to implement a private placement of warrants for existing staff. The placement was subscribed for in full.
Interim period, January-September 2012
• Sales totaled SEK 8.4 M (50.0).
• According to the new calculation method, a gross loss of SEK 4.2 M (profit: 23.8) was reported.
• According to the former calculation method, gross profit of SEK 5.0 M (29.1).
• The loss after financial items amounted to SEK 28.5 M (profit: 2.7).
• According to the new calculation method, the gross margin was minus 50% (+48%).
• According to the former calculation method, the gross margin would have been 60% (58%).
• The loss per share was SEK 0.65 (profit: 0.07)
• Cash and cash equivalents at the period-end amounted to SEK 25.9 M (27.4).
• The order backlog at September 30 was SEK 0.0 M (24.4).
Notable events at the close of the reporting period:
• FPC received a Design-Win award from a mobile phone manufacturer in Japan.
• FPC strengthened its organization in Taiwan.
• CEO Johan Carlström acquired 240,000 shares during the period Sept. 28 – Oct. 5, 2012.
Fingerprint Cards AB (FPC) is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm (FING B) and has its head office in Gothenburg, Sweden. Publication pursuant to Swedish legislation: Fingerprint Cards AB (publ) discloses this information pursuant to the Securities Market Act (2007:528) and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act (1991:980). The information was issued for publication on November 7, 2012, at. 8.00 am.
Issuing, publishing or distributing this press release may be subject to restrictions in certain jurisdictions. Recipients of this press release are responsible for using this press release and the information herein in accordance with applicable rules in each jurisdiction. This press release does not constitute an offer, or invitation to acquire or subscribe for new securities in Fingerprint Cards in any jurisdiction.