NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Columbia, MD, United States, 2012/10/25 - MICROS Systems, Inc., a leading provider of information technology solutions for the hospitality and retail industries, announced the results for its fiscal 2013 first quarter ended September 30, 2012 (NASDAQ: MCRS) - MICROS.com. NASDAQ: MCRS
• Revenue for the quarter was $299.9 million, an increase of $43.3 million, or 16.9%, over the same period last year.
• GAAP net income for the quarter was $41.1 million, an increase of $3.8 million, or 10.3%, over the same period last year.
• GAAP diluted earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter was $0.50 per share, an increase of $0.05, or 11.1% over the same period last year.
• Non-GAAP financial results for the quarter, excluding the effect of charges for stock options, amortization of Torex intangibles and restructuring for Torex are as follows:
• Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $46.4 million, an increase of $7.1 million, or 18.1%, over the same period last year.
• Non-GAAP diluted EPS for the quarter was $0.57 per share an increase of $0.09, or 18.8%, over the same period last year.
The financial results were records for a first fiscal quarter and exceeded consensus expectations.
Tom Giannopoulos, MICROS’s Chairman and CEO, stated: "Given the current global economic climate, we are pleased with the strong start for our first quarter of fiscal 2013."
MICROS’s financial guidance for fiscal 2013 remains the same as previously provided in August 2012 with revenue between $1.3 Billion and $1.325 Billion and Non-GAAP EPS between $2.40 and $2.44.
MICROS’s stock is traded through NASDAQ under the symbol MCRS. MICROS is subject to, among others, the following uncertainties and risks: product demand and market acceptance; impact of competitive products and pricing on margins; product development delays and technological difficulties; controlling expenses as MICROS continues to expand; the ability to obtain on acceptable terms the right to incorporate in MICROS’s products and services technology patented by others; the risk that there are actual or perceived security vulnerabilities in MICROS’s products; adverse results in legal disputes resulting in liabilities that exceed reserves; unanticipated tax liabilities; the effects of terrorist activity and armed conflict; the effects of major environmental disasters; weakening in general economic conditions that adversely affect demand for computer hardware or software; and currency fluctuations.
All information in this release is as of October 25, 2012. MICROS undertakes no duty to update any forward-looking statement to conform the statement to actual results or changes in MICROS’s expectations. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with MICROS’s business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Business and Investment Risks” sections of MICROS’s SEC filings, including, but not limited to, its annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, copies of which may be obtained by contacting MICROS’s investor relations department at 443-285-8059 or at MICROS’s website.
About MICROS Systems, Inc.
MICROS Systems, Inc. (micros.com) provides enterprise applications for the hospitality and retail industries worldwide. Over 330,000 MICROS systems are currently installed in table and quick service restaurants, hotels, motels, casinos, leisure and entertainment, and retail operations in more than 180 countries, and on all seven continents. In addition, MICROS provides property management systems, central reservation and customer information solutions under the brand MICROS-Fidelio for more than 29,000 hotels worldwide, as well as point-of-sale, loss prevention, and cross-channel functionality through its MICROS-Retail division for more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide. MICROS stock is traded through NASDAQ under the symbol MCRS.