The third quarter
• Net sales increased by 11 percent during the third quarter to SEK 1,079 M (971). Net sales increased by 8 percent in local currencies.
• Operating profit decreased to SEK 168 M (225), which corresponds to an operating margin of 15.6 percent (23.2).
• Profit after tax amounted to SEK 120 M (164).
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.72 (2.37).
January - September
• Net sales increased by 19 percent during the period to SEK 3,004 M (2,527). Net sales increased by 14 percent in local currencies.
• Operating profit decreased to SEK 369 M (441), which corresponds to an operating margin of 12.3 percent (17.5).
• Profit after tax amounted to SEK 264 M (322).
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 3.81 (4.63).
Continued global expansion and steady project flow
“The third quarter was characterized by a continued steady level in the number of project inquiries compared with the first six months of the year. Growth during the quarter was lower than long-term expectations and the irregularity between quarters remains. It is difficult to judge at present how the economic uncertainty will impact demand for Axis’ products in the near term. A slightly improved gross margin was mainly due to a more favorable product mix and lower purchasing costs.
We retain a positive view on the trend for network cameras with an expected long-term growth potential of 25 percent per year. We are convinced that Axis’ strong brand and market position, combined with our business model and corporate culture mean that we are well-equipped for continued global expansion.” Ray Mauritsson, President
The full report and slide presentation is available online.
Invitation to telephone conference
Time: Thursday, October 18 at 10 am.
Phone number: +46 (0)8-505 598 53
Participants from Axis AB will be: Ray Mauritsson, President, and Fredrik Sjöstrand, CFO.
The presentation will be webcasted live at storm.zoomvisionmamato.com/.
The information in this interim report is such that Axis is required to disclose in accordance with the Securities Market Act. Submitted for publication at 08.00 am. (CET) on 18 October 2012.
About Axis Communications
As the market leader in network video, Axis is leading the way to a safer, smarter, more secure world — driving the shift from analog to digital video surveillance. Offering network video solutions for professional installations, Axis’ products and solutions are based on an innovative, open technology platform. Axis (axis.com) has more than 1,000 dedicated employees in 40 locations around the world and cooperates with partners covering 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based IT company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS.