Accellion®, Inc., the award-winning pioneer in providing enterprise-class, secure and mobile file sharing solutions, today announced updates to the Accellion Mobile File Sharing solution. The updates increase the ease-of-use for users and deliver added security controls for IT administrators, making it easier to protect corporate data and ensure compliance.
While enhancements were made throughout the Accellion Mobile File Sharing solution, the most significant updates can be experienced in the Accellion Mobile Apps and Accellion’s Microsoft Productivity Suite.
Updates to the Accellion Mobile Apps that make it easier for business users to share, edit and access files on any mobile device, include:
• Application Whitelisting – IT Administrators now have the ability to whitelist specific applications, giving organizations control over which external editors and viewers users can open files in.
• Accellion Secure Workspaces - Accellion now gives users the ability to add secure workspaces from their mobile devices. From mobile phones or tablets, users can upload file attachments from emails into secure workspaces to streamline their workflow and keep projects moving forward. This allows stakeholders to review, comment, update, synchronize, share, and send files located in workspaces.
• iOS 6 and iPhone 5 Support – Accellion now delivers support for the latest additions to the Apple family.
• Accellion’s enhanced file sharing security controls within the Microsoft Productivity Suite include:
• Accellion Outlook Plugin - The Accellion Plugin for Microsoft Outlook enables business users to securely send files, up to 2GB in size per file, directly from within Microsoft Outlook (corporations typically limit file attachments to less than 10MB.) In the latest release, IT can set up the Accellion Outlook Plugin so that users have the ability to dictate who has permission to access a file, and they can set file expiration dates.
• Accellion Lync Plugin – With the Accellion Plugin for Microsoft® Lync® users can securely share files within an instant message (IM), VoIP, video conferencing, or desktop sharing. Since files are sent via Accellion, organizations can track files being transferred for compliance purposes.
Accellion Mobile File Sharing now includes support for Kerberos single sign-on, in addition to SAML and OAuth, to reduce the number of times users are required to enter passwords, increasing business efficiency and ensuring corporate security.
“Employees are demanding file sharing and collaboration tools that empower them to stay efficient and productive when they are outside of the office. Without an enterprise-sanctioned solution, they adopt consumer-grade technology that puts an enterprise at risk,” stated Jon Pincus, senior vice president of products, Accellion, Inc. “Organizations don’t need to sacrifice security for productivity. Accellion has always been and remains focused on the enterprise, and these customer-driven updates increase the flexibility and ease-of-use for business users, while enhancing the security that organizations require.”
Accellion, Inc. (accellion.com) is a profitable, well-funded, private company that provides enterprise-class mobile file sharing solutions to enable secure, anytime, anywhere access to information while ensuring enterprise security and compliance. More than 9 million users and 1,600 of the world’s leading corporations and government agencies including Procter & Gamble; Indiana University Health; Kaiser Permanente; Foley & Mansfield; Lovells; Bridgestone; Ogilvy & Mather; Harvard University; Guinness World Records; US Securities and Exchange Commission; and NASA use Accellion to protect intellectual property, ensure compliance, improve business productivity and reduce IT costs. Accellion file sharing solutions can be deployed on public, private and hybrid cloud environments and provide the ease-of-use business users need while giving the enterprise organization the flexibility, scalability and protection it needs. For more information please call (650)-485-4300.
Accellion, kitedrive, Accellion Secure Collaboration, Accellion Mobile Apps, Accellion Secure Workspace, and Accellion Managed File Transfer are trademarks or registered trademarks of Accellion, Inc. in the US and other countries. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.