Process Analytics Division of Mettler-Toledo India, a wholly subsidiary of Mettler-Toledo, Inc., announces availability of the 2800Si Silica Analyzer used in pure water treatment and power generation applications in India.
In a thermal power plant, long-term efficient generation depends on minimizing deposition within the steam/water cycle, especially the turbine. A leader in meeting stringent deionized water quality requirements with other measurements, METTLER TOLEDO Thornton has expanded its portfolio to include sodium and now silica measurements, key parameters for initiating regeneration of ion exchangers and for assuring water purity.
Silica is responsible for difficult-to-remove deposits in turbines and other components in the cycle. Vigilance in the detection of silica contamination can reduce the accumulation of deposits and the expenses of lower efficiency and eventual shutdown for deposit removal.
“The launch of METTLER TOLEDO Thornton 2800Si Silica Analyzer in India has further strengthened the portfolio of Mettler-Toledo in process analytics segment,” said Mr. Vivek Singh Karir, Head- Marketing & Process Business, Mettler-Toledo India. “The design of the Thornton 2800Si Silica Analyzer is based on extensive instrumentation experience and is optimized to handle these measurement challenges.”
Features and Benefits:
• Fully automatic, unattended calibration assures reliable operation while saving time;
• Large reagent containers reduce the frequency of maintenance;
• Convenient grab sample measurement for additional samples and quality control checks from other areas of the plant;
• Simultaneous display of silica concentration, reaction chamber temperature, time until next measurement and time until next calibration provides convenient analyzer status at a glance;
• Full enclosure of analyzer, reagent containers and tubing provides a clean installation with full protection for all components.
Visit the new Power Competence Center “Process Analytics for Efficient Power Generation” at mt.com/pro_power.
About METTLER TOLEDO Process Analytics
METTLER TOLEDO Process Analytics Division develops and manufactures instruments and sensors used for liquid process measurement and control in pure and ultrapure water applications, offering measurements of conductivity, pH, dissolved oxygen, dissolved ozone, oxidation reduction potential (ORP), sodium, silica, total organic carbon (TOC) and flow. METTLER TOLEDO Process Analytics division consists of two business units, INGOLD and THORNTON, whose products are commonly used in industries such as –
• Microelectronics manufacturing;
• Pharmaceutical and biotechnology;
• Power and steam generation;
• Brewing, food and beverage production;
• Chemical, gas process and refining industries.
For additional information, visit mt.com/pro.
About Mettler-Toledo India
Mettler-Toledo India Pvt Ltd (mt.com), a wholly subsidiary of Mettler-Toledo, Inc. (NYSE: MTD), started its operations in India in 1998. With its base in Mumbai and eleven branches across India, Mettler-Toledo India is a leading player catering to the demand of Indian industries for high-technology precision and analytical instruments used in various labs and automation processes.
Mettler-Toledo Inc. is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and is the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial and food retailing applications. The Company also holds top-three market positions in several related analytical instruments markets and is a leading provider of automated chemistry systems used in drug and chemical compound discovery and development. In addition, Mettler-Toledo is the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of metal detection systems used in production and packaging.