Delivering on the industry’s broadest and most advanced Cloud strategy, Thomas Kurian, executive vice president, Oracle Product Development, announced that Oracle is expanding its Oracle Cloud services portfolio, and continues to demonstrate significant customer and partner momentum.
The seven new Oracle Cloud preview services augment Oracle’s comprehensive portfolio of Platform Services, Application Services, and Social Services, all available on a subscription basis.
The pricing model is simple, predictable and based on a monthly subscription model. Customers can choose to sign up for month-to-month subscriptions or longer term contracts.
Oracle Cloud adoption continues to grow aggressively with more than 10,000 customers and more than 25 million users worldwide already relying on the services each day.
To help partners speed time to market with new cloud-based services for their customers, Oracle also unveiled a comprehensive new set of enablement resources and Oracle Cloud partner programs.
Oracle Cloud delivers instant value and productivity for business users and developers through functionally rich, integrated, secure enterprise cloud services.
Customers now have more options than ever with the Oracle Cloud, the most secure, flexible, modern and reliable cloud available today.
Expands Oracle Cloud Platform, Application and Social Services Portfolio
Oracle announced preview availability of seven new Oracle Cloud Services, including:
• Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service: Streamlines financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes by delivering the proven business benefits of Oracle Hyperion Planning in a subscription-based cloud service.
• Oracle Financial Reporting Cloud Service: Enables the creation and delivery of highly formatted, boardroom quality management reporting, as well as corporate financial statements.
• Oracle Data and Insight Cloud Service: Aggregates insightful and intelligent data from enterprise, social and external sources to enrich business applications such as CRM and helps ensure that customer, prospect and contact data is always up-to-date.
• Oracle Social Sites Cloud Service: Enables brands to quickly expose sites to their customers to meet the needs of today's agile companies. The rich editing experience and powerful back-end mean that even non-technical users can make great sites quickly and launch them to the public.
• Oracle Developer Cloud Service: Simplifies collaborative software development by providing a standards-based environment that supports the complete development lifecycle. Provides access to source control management, issue tracking, continuous integration and document collaboration.
• Oracle Storage Cloud Service: Enables businesses to store and manage digital content in the cloud, integrated with other Oracle Cloud services that require online storage.
• Oracle Messaging Cloud Service: Provides an infrastructure that enables data communications between applications within Oracle Cloud as well as outside of Oracle Cloud via asynchronous message queues.
These new services join the following Oracle Cloud Applications, Social and Platform Services:
• Oracle Cloud Application Services
Oracle Cloud Application Services portfolio includes ERP Services, HCM Services, Talent Management Services, Sales and Marketing Services, and Customer Service and Support Services.
In addition, the Application Services are now integrated with Social Services allowing organizations to transform their corporate business processes and systems using social capabilities.
• Oracle Cloud Social Services
Oracle Cloud Social Services portfolio includes Oracle Social Network, Oracle Social Marketing Services, Oracle Social Engagement and Monitoring Services and Oracle Social Sites.
• Oracle Cloud Platform Services
Oracle Cloud Platform Services portfolio includes Database Service and Java Service and will include Mobile Services, Collaboration Services, Analytics Services and Application Store.
With Oracle Database and Java Cloud Services, customers get access to the industry-leading database and Java EE application server in the cloud. The services are now available globally. To learn more about the free 30-day trials and paid subscriptions go to the Oracle Cloud website.
“Cloud is a strategic business at Oracle and is growing aggressively. Customers and partners are extremely supportive of Oracle’s Cloud strategy, which is evident from the mission critical workloads they are running on Oracle Cloud today,” said Abhay Parasnis, senior vice president of development, Oracle. “The breadth of opportunities available with Oracle Cloud already exceeds anything else available in the industry, and with the introduction of these new services, Oracle continues to innovate, shape the market and define the future of cloud-based services.”
“Siemens Logistics IT is excited about the capabilities that the Oracle Cloud will offer: the provisioning of a robust Java EE container combined with Oracle Database’s proven technology in a public cloud,” said Ekkehard Janas, Chief Architect, Siemens Logistics IT. “This will allow Siemens Logistics IT to lower our own investment in setting up complex Java EE clusters and database environments and to focus on the quality of our applications. To us, the Oracle Cloud is definitely a big step in the right direction.”
“I needed a vendor that allows me to focus on my strategic imperatives — with easy upgrades, no downtime and easy information sharing, which is exactly what Oracle Cloud provides us,” said Mark Schissel, SVP and CIO, Herbalife.
Oracle provides the industry’s broadest and most complete portfolio of public, private and hybrid cloud offerings. Oracle Cloud delivers a broad suite of subscription-based, enterprise-grade Application Services, Platform Services and Social Services. Oracle also provides a comprehensive portfolio of cloud products and managed cloud services for IT providers to build and manage clouds.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld) is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 140 countries, offers more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
Nicole Maloney, Oracle
P: +1.650.506.0806 - E: nicole.maloney[.]oracle.com.