NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Oak Park, IL, United States, 2006/12/16 - The Music Box, a Chicago-based music and entertainment magazine, has issued its choices for the best albums of 2006.
Popular e-zine The Music Box has released its listing of the best albums of 2006. Topping the list is Bob Dylan's Modern Times.
Said founder John Metzger, "Bob Dylan couldn't have picked a better time to emerge from a decades-long period of reclusiveness. Yet, his persona remains as mysterious as ever. Completing a trilogy of albums that began with 1997's Time Out of Mind and continued with 2001's Love & Theft, his latest endeavor Modern Times is a contemporary classic that serves as a reflection of the world in which we live."
The Music Box (musicbox-online.com) was founded in 1994 as a hard copy newsletter, but it has flourished since joining the internet community in 1997. The publication covers a wide array of music, including blues, jazz, country, bluegrass, folk, and the many configurations of rock and roll. Subscribers to The Music Box's e-mail list and regular visitors to its web site are treated to reviews of the latest albums, DVDs, movies, books, and concerts as well as in-depth interviews and articles, daily music news, and tour date information. In addition, members of its e-mail list are eligible to win a variety of items. This month's giveaways include copies of the CD An Other Cup by Yusef, who formerly was known as Cat Stevens). Each year, several million guests visit the site, which now holds nearly 3,400 pages of information.
The Music Box's Best Albums of 2006
1) Bob Dylan - Modern Times
2) Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
3) T Bone Burnett - The True False Identity
4) Elton John - The Captain & The Kid
5) Willie Nelson - You Don't Know Me: The Songs of Cindy Walker
6) Johnny Cash - American V: A Hundred Highways
7) Ray LaMontagne - Till the Sun Turns Black
8) Neil Young - Living with War
9) Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
10) The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
11) Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
12) Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris - All the Roadrunning
13) Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint - The River in Reverse
14) Josh Rouse - Subtitulo
15) The Stills - Without Feathers.