• Integrated Products Give Comprehensive End to End Radiology Workflow Solution;
• Accessibility is Key Theme of Innovations, with Access at the Touch of a Button;
• Broad Portfolio Features Radiology, Cardiology, Perinatal, High Acuity Care and Service.
GE Healthcare IT, a division of General Electric Company, will be exhibiting regional firsts among its latest range of IT solutions at this year’s HIMSS AsiaPac12 Conference and Exhibition, from 17-19 September at the Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, on stand #527. Additionally, a full slate of Company experts will be featured as part of the AsiaPac12 conference speaker series.
At the expo, GE Healthcare IT will demonstrate how its broad portfolio is helping to fulfill the needs of its customers, in particular supporting the aim of providing patients with access to high quality healthcare in a cost effective and efficient way.
“The face of healthcare is changing and we are entering a time of ‘collaborative care’ which is a patient-driven, outcomes-driven method of delivering healthcare,” said Mitchell Silong, General Manager, GE Healthcare IT, Asia Pacific. “IT helps make this possible by linking together information from across the healthcare delivery system (inpatient, ambulatory, and home-based) to generate new insights that contribute to improved patient outcomes.”
A key theme running through GE Healthcare IT’s latest innovations is accessibility. Clinicians want to access all types of patient data at the touch of a button from anywhere at any time. In particular, they want to improve work flow and be able to share information and collaborate with other specialists to make clinical decisions more quickly.
“Our IT solutions connect data from across departments, the hospital enterprise and the region to provide a comprehensive view of the patient, and have been developed to give clinicians access to the right, quality information precisely when they need it,” continued Mr. Silong. “This is particularly significant in ASEAN where we are addressing the need for care in remote areas through tele-radiology. We believe moving data, rather than moving the patent is the most efficient way to allow access to the best care available, specifically for rural areas.”
Highlights of the company’s broad portfolio of technologies on display on the GE Healthcare IT stand include:
• The GE Centricity• Radiology Information System (RIS), offering the latest generation of community-wide radiology workflow sharing capabilities;
• A Web based PACS viewer for global reading across enterprises which is deeply integrated with RIS through a single user interface;
• A four-level Vendor Neutral Archive which allows patient records from across different hospitals, to be consolidated and stored using industry standards;
• A Clinical Patient Information Viewer which provides access and viewing of patient histories to multi-disciplinary teams throughout the patient’s health community;
• Centricity Radiology Mobile Access (CRMA) allows clinicians and radiologists to quickly find images and reports through the AccessNow app, on their mobile device - iPhone, iPod, Touch, android Touch.
High Acuity Care
• The Centricity Perioperative software is highly adaptable management software to streamline workflow and help enhance patient care before, during and after surgery.
• Launching for the first time in Asia, Centricity Cardiology Enterprise is a tightly interfaced cardiovascular IT solution that includes both CVIS (Cardiovascular Information System) and CVPACS (Cardiovascular Picture Archiving and Communications System) functionality, providing clinicians full access to a single comprehensive, web-based patient record.
• A clinical information system that integrates documentation and fetal surveillance to help clinicians deliver the best care to every mother and baby. From labor & delivery to the nursery or neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), the centricity perinatal software interfaces with multiple devices and systems to optimize ease of use and workflows.
GE Healthcare IT CMIO Mark Dente will participate in a panel discussion and presentation in the HIT X.O track. Dr. Dente’s presentation focuses on the shift in healthcare technologies and how the influx of Healthcare IT is impacting each person in a definite way. He’ll deliver his presentation on 18 September from 1400hr – 1430hr and twice on 19 September, from 1015 – 1045 and 1435 – 1520.
GE Healthcare IT Senior Engineer Chris Lindop is scheduled to present in the Interoperability Theater on Next Generation PACS and how it’s impacted by new and emerging global standards. Mr. Lindop is presenting twice on 18 September, 1130 – 1200 and 1630 – 1700, and again on 19 September from 1315-1345.
“In partnership with our Asia Pacific customers, GE Healthcare IT is constantly working to introduce workflow and connectivity solutions to meet their evolving requirements,” said Mr. Silong. “The range of solutions on display at HIMSS AsiaPac12 illustrates the breadth and depth of what we have to offer to help clinicians deliver better quality care for more patients at a lower cost.”
*Registered trademark of General Electric Company
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare (gehealthcare.com) provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.
Our “healthymagination” vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality around the world. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employees are committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries.
For our latest news, please visit newsroom.gehealthcare.com/.