Today Oracle announced significant enhancements to the two core technologies in its Oracle Commerce solution: Oracle’s ATG Web Commerce 10.1 and Oracle’s Endeca Commerce 3.1.
At Oracle OpenWorld 2012, which takes place September 30 – October 4 at Moscone Center in San Francisco, Oracle Commerce will offer over 15 sessions highlighting these best-in-class commerce solutions. More details about current work on the unification of the two technologies will also be revealed. In addition, Oracle Commerce sessions will feature several customer speakers that will discuss how to leverage Oracle Commerce to drive online sales, engagement and loyalty.
To learn more about the latest Oracle ATG Web Commerce and Oracle Endeca Commerce releases, Oracle OpenWorld attendees can attend Oracle Commerce sessions within the CRM Applications track.
Capabilities and Details in ATG Web Commerce 10.1 Release
ATG Web Commerce 10.1 adds a number of capabilities to Oracle Commerce that will help merchants work faster and smarter.
• Visual Merchandising. Enhanced tools that include Layout View, Light Table and Contextual Menu options to empower merchants to edit content visually from the perspective of the shopper. This functionality is designed to allow organizations to accomplish tasks with fewer steps and provide viewable and editable data that bring together the art and science of merchandising.
• Multi Edit. Additional capabilities empower merchants to streamline operations and make changes to large numbers of items in a single step.
• Time Based Preview. Improved Preview capabilities let merchandisers view the site at a future date and time. This allows merchants to work on categories or sites in advance of a launch date by using the Preview functionality to experience the site as a shopper would.
Mobile and Cross-Channel Selling: With a framework to ease and accelerate the development of mobile commerce solutions, including mobile optimized web and iOS versions of the Commerce Reference Store, ATG Web Commerce 10.1 allows developers to build mobile sites and applications more quickly.
Faster Commerce on a Global Scale: ATG Web Commerce 10.1 simplifies doing business on a global scale. The release incorporates new business model, performance and international commerce capabilities. This includes a new merged B2B and B2C set of commerce capabilities and localized business tool UIs.
• Integration with Oracle Coherence, the market-leading in-memory data grid solution that enables organizations to scale mission-critical applications by caching frequently used data, helping to improve application performance and reliability of ATG Web Commerce 10.1 and reduce load on back-end data sources.
• ATG Web Commerce 10.1 is certified to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine. In benchmarking tests ATG Web Commerce delivered a 50% improvement in average response times and 3x more page views per second per CPU core on Oracle Exalogic when compared to a traditional commodity blade system in a configuration comparable in size and configuration to Oracle Exalogic. This provides consumer-centric businesses with an ideal commerce platform to enable the extreme scalability and performance required to support multiple channels, such as websites, mobile applications, social commerce and in-store transactions.
Capabilities and Details in Oracle Endeca Commerce 3.1 Release
Oracle Endeca Commerce 3.1 introduces new features and architectural enhancements to the Oracle Commerce solution that are focused on providing business users with a web-based tool set to manage and optimize search, navigation, merchandising, personalization, and content-targeting so that customers get the most relevant experiences across all digital touch points.
Oracle Endeca Commerce 3.1 helps to transform the delivery of cross-channel digital experiences. Rather than predicting what customers will want and manually building digital experiences that return static results, Oracle Endeca Commerce 3.1 allows businesses to automate delivery of an infinite number of targeted, cross-channel experiences, or manually optimize select portions of the experience.
The new release includes key updates to the MDEX Engine 6.3, including performance improvements that make scale and interoperability faster and easier. Significant architectural enhancements focus on providing an extensible platform that can scale with growing business demands to deliver relevant customer experiences across all digital channels.
At the heart of the new release is the latest version of Oracle’s Endeca Experience Manager 3.1, previously Endeca Page Builder 2.1.1, a single platform management approach to building, optimizing and delivering targeted content to customers wherever they are – online, on-the-go, or in the store.
Oracle Endeca Experience Manager 3.1 gives online businesses expanded functionality and usability enhancements that allow users to mix and match dynamic and static content to improve the digital cross-channel customer experience.
The Endeca Commerce 3.1 release also includes a new Java-based, multi-channel reference application and provides front-end references for both the desktop and mobile web.
“The new challenge for online businesses today and in the future will be to deliver relevant and targeted customer experiences that are consistent across all customer touch points," said Dustin Humphreys, General Manager of CVS.com. "Oracle Commerce solutions play a critical role in our multichannel strategies and will continue to help us provide personalized and optimized customer experiences anywhere and at any time.”
“The latest enhancements to Oracle Commerce via the Oracle ATG Commerce 10.1 and Oracle Endeca Commerce 3.1 releases, are transforming how online businesses can approach cross-channel customer experience delivery,” said John Andrews, vice president, Product Management, Oracle Commerce. “Bringing together ATG and Endeca, two commerce market leaders, combined with the overall strength of Oracle applications, middleware and hardware allows us to deliver cross-channel commerce solutions that provide significant time to market advantages for our customers."
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld) is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 110 countries, offer more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Aaron Wessels, Blanc & Otus
P: +1.415.378.8090 - E: awessels[.]blancandotus.com.