NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2012/09/04 - National Instruments today announced LabWindows/CVI 2012, the latest version of its proven ANSI C IDE for test and measurement software programmers - NI.com. NASDAQ: NATI
• NI LabWindows/CVI 2012, a major upgrade of the ANSI C integrated development environment (IDE) for test and measurement applications, includes many new and improved tools to help engineers develop their systems faster.
• LabWindows/CVI 2012 is ideal for engineers in highly regulated industries such as defense, aerospace and medical because it protects applications from unwanted updates to avoid version revalidation.
• New features, including 18 user-suggested functions such as batch-build dialog, improve usability and help software developers optimize code performance.
“In today’s competitive environment, companies struggle to maintain high quality and reliability in complex systems as development cycles continue to shorten,” said Ray Almgren, vice president of core platforms product marketing at National Instruments. “LabWindows/CVI 2012 shows our continued commitment to longevity and innovation, providing engineers with the most productive software tools for building complex test and measurement systems.”
• Side-by-Side Run-Time Engine feature for regulated industries helps developers protect validated code from unwanted updates by binding applications to a run-time engine version;
• Execution Profiler provides a graphical profile of time spent in individual threads and functions during run time to identify code bottlenecks;
• Over 100 new advanced analysis functions for RF applications, including signal noise generation, windowing functions, filter design and analysis functions, signal operation functions and more;
• Upgrades to the LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Module for improved timing and control of real-time targets.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.