Rovi Corporation will showcase its range of cloud-based entertainment discovery, video delivery and display, and advertising solutions this week at IFA 2012, one of the world’s largest tradeshows for consumer electronics. The event marks the continued expansion of Rovi products and services throughout Europe, and IFA visitors will be able to view demonstrations of Rovi solutions that are helping leading device manufacturers, service providers, retailers and content producers bring consumers a better entertainment experience to multiple screens.
IFA 2012 will be held at the Messe Berlin fairgrounds starting tomorrow through September 5, 2012. IFA visitors will as also be able to view “powered by Rovi” consumer electronics devices throughout the show floor as well as view demonstrations of Rovi solutions at the Rovi booth (Hall 25, Stand 146). These include:
Rovi Discovery Solutions:
• Rovi TotalGuide™ allows consumer electronics manufacturers and service providers to provide intuitive entertainment discovery and access across multiple devices and platforms.
• Rovi Cloud Services enables developers, consumer electronics manufacturers and service providers to help consumers discover digital entertainment content with Data, Search, Recommendation, and Media Recognition services.
Rovi Delivery/Display Solutions:
• Rovi Entertainment Store™ enables retailers, service providers, CE manufacturers, and content owners to launch over-the-top storefronts that allow consumers to discover, purchase, manage, and enjoy a broad range of new movies and TV shows on multiple platforms and devices. The solution also includes DivX® Plus Streaming, Rovi’s adaptive streaming solution, with support for the format continuing to build with new agreements to be announced at the show. Rovi is working with industry-leading retailers across Europe to expand the reach of their over-the-top storefronts that allow consumers to enjoy a broad range of new movies and TV shows across new platforms and devices:
• Announced today, Rovi is powering the availability of KNOWHOW™ Movies, the digital entertainment service from Dixons Retail, on tablets, smartphones and connected TV devices.
• In addition, Rovi and MediaMarkt are also collaborating to expand the reach of Media Markt’s Video-On-Demand services with new launches of the Media Markt Videodownloadshop on connected set-top boxes. Rovi will be demonstrating Media Markt’s Video-On-Demand service with DivX Plus Streaming at the Rovi booth at IFA.
• Rovi also announced on August 23 that Sainsbury’s, a leading supermarket chain in the United Kingdom, has licensed the Rovi Entertainment Store™ to power a new over-the-top video service.
• Rovi Digital Copy Solution is an offering for connected Blu-ray® Disc players and PC applications that enable CE manufacturers, retailers and content owners to instantly recognize, authenticate and sell digital cloud-based copies of physical DVD and Blu-ray Discs.
Rovi Advertising Solutions:
• Rovi Advertising Service is a cloud-based interactive advertising platform that seamlessly and elegantly integrates into the device experience and enables connected screens to deliver high-impact campaigns. As part of its commitment to help advertisers and brands better understand the impact of connected devices on media consumption, Rovi and Decipher Research today released the phase one results of a three-part study exploring connected TV device usage and advanced advertising in Germany.
Rovi will be involved in additional activities at IFA 2012 including participation by Ingo Reese, senior business development director at Rovi, on Medienwoche at IFA’s panel,“Media Politics: Who Are the New Gatekeepers?” on September 4 from 12:00 to 1:00 pm. Rovi will also be participating at the Pepcom DigitalFocus event which will take place on August 31, 2012 from 7:00 to 10:00 pm. at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Berlin.
About Rovi Corporation
Rovi (rovicorp.com) powers the discovery, delivery, display and monetization of digital entertainment. With innovative technology solutions for consumer electronics manufacturers, service providers, content producers, advertisers, retailers and websites, Rovi connects people and the entertainment they love. The company holds approximately 5,200 issued or pending patents worldwide and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
Forward Looking Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will" or "is expected to," or similar words that describe the Company's or its management's future plans, objectives, or goals, are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in the Company's most recent report on Form 10-Q for the period ended June 30, 2012 and such other documents as are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time (available at sec.gov/). The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.