This diary is different
Saves time and keeps concentration, minimizing noise. There are no predefined fields in cards, like 1.Things to do, 2.Birthdays...etc, actually there are no fields at all. Quite the opposite, each card for calendar day is empty text-editor window - write there only what's important to you on this day, and nothing more.
So, what's inside the cards. Sure, you will put there "things to do", birthdays, notes, ideas, anything, with the ability to add images, clickable web addresses, shortcuts or text hyperlinks for launching files and programs on your computer. Format fonts, text size and colors, type or copy-paste unlimited amounts of text, from other documents or web pages.
Mobility. Data files can be moved between computers through removable disc or sent attached to E-mail message. If needed, it is easy to export entire diary or selected days to plain text file, and import the resultant file to any mobile phone or pocket PC.
Number of individual diaries can be created for different things, and kept as separate files: family-health-journal-2007, work-diary-2007, my_affairs_2007 etc.
Other main program options include:
• Data files can be password protected;
• Automatically creates backup copy for each data file;
• Customize program options and user interface;
• Merge several data files;
• Select multiple cards in List for splitting to other file, printing or exporting;
• Print all or selected cards only;
• Print one card per page or print continuous;
• Filter-on-typing for extra fast search among Titles in List;
• Search and search-replace text strings in cards;
• Hyperlinks (Web, E-mail addresses) are recognized in text and when doubleclicked launch default browser or Email client;
• Does not require additional DLL, VBX, OCX, or database engines - can be launched on any computer from removable disc;
• Does not contain advertisements, spyware or anything nasty.
Developers of Azz Cardfile (azzcardfile.com) offer it as fully functional free trial without time limit, only an occasional pop-up window will remind that program costs US $19 to keep.