NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2012/08/27 - New version of real-time data integration solution enhances performance, manageability, efficiency and reliability (NASDAQ: ORCL). NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle GoldenGate 11g Release 2 (R2), the latest version of Oracle’s comprehensive real-time data integration solution is now available.
A component of Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle GoldenGate 11g R2 provides real-time data integration to business-critical applications enabling improved business insight, query offloading to maximize OLTP performance, zero-downtime data migration, disaster recovery, and active-active database synchronization for continuous availability.
Oracle GoldenGate 11g R2 features support for high-volume systems, global implementations and heterogeneous platforms, while enhancing data capture and security.
With the new release customers benefit from increased integration with existing Oracle Applications and technologies, including Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Exadata and Oracle Enterprise Manager to gain faster and more reliable access to information across the enterprise.
Deep Integration with Oracle Technologies Enhances Performance and Support
Oracle GoldenGate 11g R2 is tightly integrated with Oracle technologies, delivers performance enhancements, increased support for business-critical and heterogeneous systems and expanded management capabilities.
• Integrated Capture: Enables customers to efficiently capture changed data in high-volume and high-throughput implementations by tightly integrating Oracle GoldenGate 11g R2 capture capabilities with the Oracle Database 11g engine.
• Oracle Advanced Compression Support: Allows the capture and delivery of compressed objects within Oracle Database 11g and Oracle Exadata environments.
Enhancements to best-in-class performance:
• Simpler, More Powerful Conflict Detection and Resolution: Enables customers to reduce the time required to detect and resolve data conflicts by automating the process across multiple deployments.
• Increased Security: Support for the Federal Information Protection Standard (FIPS) and Blowfish encryption algorithms enables secure data movement across systems and regions.
Increased support for business-critical and heterogeneous systems:
• Support for Unicode: Facilitates global deployments of Oracle GoldenGate 11g R2 by enabling it to be implemented on, and capture data from, databases using multi-byte/Unicode character sets.
• Expanded Platform Support: Provides support for capture from, and delivery to, IBM DB2 on iSeries and enhanced support for MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, Teradata, and IBM DB2 z/OS.
Expanded management capabilities:
• Oracle GoldenGate Plug-In for Oracle Enterprise Manager: Provides monitoring and a consolidated view into Oracle GoldenGate 11g R2 implementations.
• Plug-in supports viewing details of Oracle GoldenGate instances, measuring and graphing of key metrics, and automated notifications and ticket creation all from within Oracle Enterprise Manager.
“To succeed in today’s highly competitive global markets, organizations need to have a holistic view of their data landscape,” said Brad Adelberg, vice president of development, Oracle. “Oracle GoldenGate 11g R2 enhances Oracle’s industry-leading data integration solution through improved performance, reliability, flexibility and integration. This release our customers minimize downtime for their critical systems, as well as supports better decision-making across the enterprise.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Drew Smith, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5127 - E: dsmith[.]blancandotus.com.