Fans of Clay Aiken, Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Ace Young and other American Idols can shop at over 30 merchants at EddietheDawg.org to help find a cure for diabetes or support other causes, while being entertained with photos, video and stories.
The list of fortunate charitable programs that have received contributions from this rapidly growing fan base includes well-known organizations such as UNICEF, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, The Children's Hospital, The Autism Society and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, as well as newer organizations which have benefited from awareness and contributions such as The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, GuluWalk, Kid One Transport, CheckOnMe.org and others.
EddieTheDawg.org has partnered with over 30 merchants to provide online shopping that will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Now anyone can simply go to the E-Store for JDRF at EddietheDawg.org and shop using links on that Web site, and commissions will be earned to benefit JDRF. Buy anything you want through these links, and get tips on special discounts and free shipping offers from Amazon.com, Wal-mart, Dell Home Systems, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Thrifty Rent-A-Car, iTunes, Hickory Farms, Liz Claiborne, Mrs. Fields, Macy's, PETsMART, Netflix, 1-800-FLOWERS, The Sharper Image, Footlocker, Toys R Us, Wine.com, Puritan's Pride, Sony Music Store and many others.
Elliott Yamin and Kevin Covais, of American Idol Season 5, both have been diagnosed with Type 1 juvenile diabetes. Gregory Ellis, a young actor who toured with Clay Aiken's Joyful Noise Tour 2005, was diagnosed last December. According to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, there are 20.8 million Americans with diabetes, and as many as 3 million Americans with Type 1 juvenile diabetes. Visit EddieTheDawg.org to find ways you can donate and volunteer to help find a cure for diabetes on their behalf.
Many celebrities put their visibility to work for causes they support, but what makes this network of givers stand out is their passion for being part of a nation of tightly bonded fan-friends. American Idol fans are not on board because they are star-struck, but because they identify with someone who was just like them or like the people they know in their hometowns, families, schools, at work and places of worship. These motivated followers find clever ways to organize and fund parties, hold successful auctions and craft sales, purchase music, concert tickets and merchandise for themselves and their friends, and of the greatest importance, raise and donate money to the causes that are important to the people — fans and celebrities — they care about.
EddieTheDawg.org has started to connect all of these wonderful efforts under one umbrella. It is a place where fans of American Idols can find information on current fundraisers and events, while being entertained with fresh photos, video and stories. The Website is named after a rescued canine who has diabetes. After his kind owner restored his vision with surgery, Eddie now enjoys a full life and does what he can to give back to others in need.
Entertainment and Things You Can Do At EddieTheDawg.org:
- Watch video of Elliott Yamin singing the National Anthem at the JDRF Walk To Cure Diabetes held at the Los Angeles Dodgers Stadium.
- Watch video and photos of Clay Aiken's Christmas with Symphony Orchestras Tour, including a performance of his new Christmas hit "All Is Well."
- Join Taylor Hicks and the Soul Patrol to raise money for Kid One Transport to help kids in Alabama get transportation to and from medical care.
- Purchase plush, adorable LambAikens online to benefit The Bubel/Aiken Foundation.
- See photos of Gregory Ellis performing in The Music Man in Raleigh NC. Gregory, a young actor who performed with Clay Aiken's Joyful Noise Tour 2005, was diagnosed with Type 1 juvenile diabetes last December. Send an e-mail to Gregory or sign-up for Gregory's Gang to help find a cure for diabetes.
- Buy and sell Internet domain names to provide thousands of dollars to UNICEF, JDRF, TBAF and other charities.
- Complete a questionnaire for Richard Simmons to help bring physical education back into the schools, as part of his campaign in the fight against childhood obesity.
- Join Ace Young and the High Rollers to help fund a new wing for The Children's Hospital of Denver.
- Experience firsthand the activities at a Clay Aiken fan party and fundraiser held in southern California, that raised over $2,400 for The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. Watch a beautiful montage set to "Make A Difference," a song written and sung by a fan.
- Add a GoodSearch search box to your Web site to benefit The Bubel/Aiken Foundation.
- Buy CDs from Amazon.com and music downloads from iTunes, including Kellie Pickler, Chris Daughtry, Taylor Hicks, Clay Aiken and Katharine McPhee, to benefit JDRF.
If you are not one already, when you visit this Web site you may become a fan of the humanitarian side of these talented young men and woman and their supporters. Visit EddieTheDawg.org and help make a difference in the lives of others this holiday season.
American Idol® is a registered trademark of 19 TV Ltd and FremantleMedia North America, Inc. EddieTheDawg.org is not affiliated with FOX, FremantleMedia North America, Inc. or 19 TV Ltd. and is sponsored by CheckOnMe.org and hosted by iWorkPlace, Inc.