eClinicalWorks®, a market leader in ambulatory clinical systems, today announced that Virginia Physicians, Inc., the largest independent multi-specialty practice in the Richmond metropolitan area, has chosen eClinicalWorks comprehensive electronic health records (EHR) solution for its 58 providers across eight locations.
“We strive to deliver compassionate, high-quality medical services,” said Dr. Patrick Woodward, President of Virginia Physicians, Inc. “We believe eClinicalWorks will help us continue to enhance patient care through the flexibility, ease-of-use and intuitive nature of the technology. Integrating this technology with our imaging and laboratory services will benefit our patients and providers. Using this system will also help us achieve meaningful use and Patient-Centered Medical Home™ status in the future.”
eClinicalWorks includes features and templates customized for more than 50 specialties and sub-specialties to aid multi-specialty groups, including Virginia Physicians, Inc., in standardizing on an EHR that is beneficial to all specialties represented. The system also helps providers take advantage of provisions in the HITECH Act, which authorizes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to impart a reimbursement incentive for physician and hospital providers who demonstrate the “meaningful use” of an EHR.
“The comprehensive nature of eClinicalWorks and our successful track record make us a great fit for multi-specialty practices,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “We look forward to working with Virginia Physicians, Inc., to improve care in the Richmond area and assist in reaching its goals of becoming meaningful users and gaining PCMH status in 2013.”
As part of eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive EHR solution, Virginia Physicians, Inc. will implement the following:
• eClinicalWorks EMR/PM enables clinicians to manage patient flow, immediately access patient records in-house or remotely, electronically communicate with the referring physicians and securely send consult notes and clinical data;
• eClinicalWorks Patient Portal allows patients and doctors to communicate securely via the Internet;
• eClinicalWorks eBO® performs clinical and financial analytics;
• eClinicalMobile® permits physicians to access the system at any time through their smart phone;
• eClinicalMessenger® acts as a messaging service that utilizes Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable physician practices to send messages, in batches or singularly, to patients for aspects of care. This includes appointment reminders, lab results, diagnostic imaging and statements; and
• eClinicalWorks P2P™ provides practice-to-practice, provider-to-provider communications in a peer-to-peer environment.
About Virginia Physicians, Inc.
Virginia Physicians, Inc. (vaphysicians.com), the largest independent multi-specialty medical practices in the Richmond metropolitan area, has been serving the community since 1923. Virginia Physicians, Inc. continues to be a leader in finding new and innovative ways to practice medicine in this ever-changing medical environment. The practice offers services in the areas of Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Rheumatology, Imaging and Laboratory. With practices in the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico and Powhatan, Virginia Physicians, Inc. is dedicated to providing quality and compassionate care to patients in the Richmond metropolitan area.
eClinicalWorks® (eclinicalworks.com) is a privately held leader in the ambulatory clinical systems market. The company’s comprehensive electronic health records and practice management solution is proven for every market segment: large practice groups, including Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, as well as medium, small and solo practices regardless of specialty. The company enjoys high profitability with a five-year compounded growth rate of more than 100 percent year-to-year. With an established customer base of more than 180,000 providers and 370,000 healthcare professionals across all 50 states, eClinicalWorks has been awarded multiple top industry honors including being named to the Inc. 5000 for the past five consecutive years. Based in Westborough, Mass., eClinicalWorks has additional offices in New York City, Chicago, California and Georgia.