VerticalResponse, a leading provider of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, postcard marketing and online surveys, today announced two new features within its recently launched VerticalResponse Social platform: Coupons and Clipper.
The Coupons tool lets businesses generate custom coupons that can be published as a Facebook tab on their Facebook page and/or as a standalone Web page. With Clipper, a simple click of the Clipper browser button lets users save interesting Web pages to their VerticalResponse Social account whenever they’re browsing online; the “clipped” URLs will appear in their VerticalResponse Social content library for easy sharing when they’re ready to create a social media post or campaign.
“Small businesses know they need to be more active on social media, but finding time to share content that’s engaging and drives sales is still a huge challenge,” said Janine Popick, VerticalResponse CEO. “Our new Coupons and Clipper tools help solve this problem by making it as easy as possible for small businesses to promote incentives and content, giving new and existing customers a reason to connect with them on social media.”
80% of Web Users Want Coupons
According to a December 2011 survey of 2,000 consumers, 80 percent of Web users prefer to get coupons and discounts from companies via social media. The new VerticalResponse Social Coupons feature gives small businesses an easy way to take advantage of this huge opportunity to attract first-time buyers and repeat customers.
With Coupons, small businesses can:
• Create a custom online coupon in as little as five minutes.
• Publish the coupon as a Facebook tab and/or a standalone Web page with a few simple clicks.
• Share coupon on Twitter directly from the dashboard.
• Have the option to activate a pop-up window that asks viewers to like the company’s Facebook page or follow on Twitter before viewing the coupon.
• Get a custom URL for the coupon Web page that can be shared anywhere.
• Create an email marketing campaign about the promotion and include the coupon URL, without having to leave the VerticalResponse dashboard.
• Get coupon reporting such as shares and views.
• Create, publish and manage unlimited coupons.
Visit the 50-second Coupons video demo to see how it works.
Clip Interesting Content to Share Later
The new VerticalResponse Social Clipper tool streamlines the process of finding and sharing content with social networks. This feature is in addition to the more than 300 industry-specific source feeds already available in the VerticalResponse Social content library.
How small businesses can use Clipper:
• Drag and drop the Clipper “Clip It” button to their browser toolbar.
• Click the “Clip It” button anytime they see something interesting on the Web that they want to share later on social media; the “clipped” URLs are automatically added to the VerticalResponse Social content library.
• When they’re ready to create their next social media post or campaign, the clipped links will appear as a special source feed within their VerticalResponse Social account.
• Easily change the link’s headline text, body text and/or thumbnail image.
• Add the clipped links to a social media post or campaign, with full control over when they’re posted.
Visit the 35-second Clipper video demo to see how it works.
Both Coupons and Clipper are free with a VerticalResponse Social subscription. Businesses can try out the VerticalResponse Social platform free for 30 days. After that, it costs $18 per month. Special pricing discounts are available for existing VerticalResponse customers and non-profit organizations.
VerticalResponse, Inc. (verticalresponse.com) provides a full suite of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, online surveys and direct mail marketing. Its mission is to empower small businesses and non-profit organizations to easily and affordably create, manage and analyze their own marketing campaigns. Users can benefit from a wide variety of features via a single dashboard, including more than 700 free email marketing templates; social media management tools to create, schedule and publish content, and engage with followers; and robust reporting so that they can understand overall marketing success. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif.