NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom, 2012/08/14 - Joint integrity specialist Hydratight has launched a smaller, user-friendly version of its highly-regarded BoltScope ll bolt load monitoring device. The new pocket-sized BoltScope Pro brings higher levels of accuracy to the bolting professional.
BoltScope Pro is the first cost-effective ultrasonic monitoring device to measure bolt load, elongation, stress and percentage of strain at nanosecond intervals, and resolutions down to a thousandth of a inch.
Loaded and unloaded bolt readings can be compared instantly on its easy-to-read screen. The device can also be configured for linear regression or vector readings to assist load measurement optimisation.
BoltScope Pro can store 8,000 readings in multiple groups for detailed comparisons. Readings can be stored offline for joint integrity reporting.
New features include an auto-set facility, which automatically optimises signal detection and adjusts the display accordingly; visual waveform matching so readings can be repeated with great accuracy, and a high-low alarm, which can work with the data port and an external pump shut-off device, to limit errors.
BoltScope Pro has a tough aluminium body with sealed end-caps for long service in the very toughest conditions. It is battery powered, with up to 150 hours of battery life.
BoltScope Pro in greater detail:
• Size: WxHxD - 2.5in/63.5mm, 6.5in/165mm, 1.24in/31.5mm
• Weight: 13.5 ounces with batteries
• Operating Temperature: 14F to 140F (-10C to 60C)
• Case: Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
• Data Output: Bi-directional RS232 serial port. Windows-based PC software.
• Display: 1/8 inch VGA grayscale display (240x160px), viewable area 2.4x1.8in (62x45.7mm)
• Measurement Modes: Pulse-Echo (standard) Pulse-Echo w/Gate (fine adjust)
• Pulser: Square wave pulser with adjustable pulse width (spike, thin, wide).
• Receiver: Manual or Auto Set gain control, 40dB range.
• Timing: 10-bit 250MHz digitizer.
• Power: AA cells x 3. Typically operates for 150 hrs (alkaline cells); 100 hrs (rechargeable NiCad cells), longer for MiH rechargeables. Charger not included. Auto switch-off after 5 min idle. Battery status icon.
• Range: 1-48in (2.54cm to 137cm)
• Time: nanoseconds. Elongation: change in length (in/mm)
• Load: Force load applied (pounds KIP/megapascals MPa)
• Stress—Force for unit area stress applied (in per inch/ mm per millimeter)
• Resolution: +/- 0.00001in (0.0001mm).
• Velocity Range: 0.0492-.3937 in/ms (1,250-9,999 m/sec) Fixed, single, and two-point zero-calibration options.
• Bolt material type selected from a preset or custom list.
Units: English & Metric.
• A-Scan: Rectified +/- (half wave view), or RF (full waveform view).
• Large digits: Toggle between nanoseconds, elongation, load, stress, and strain; digit height 0.400in (10mm).
• Alarm limits: Set high and low alarm limits to cover acceptable tolerance range.
• Repeatability: Bar graph indicates stability of measurement.
Data Logger (Internal)
Holds 8,000 readings in multiple bolt groups. Stores waveform views, nanoseconds, elongation, load, stress and strain for each reading. 16Mb non-volatile ram
• Single element (1 MHz-10 MHz & 1/8 to 1inch diameters).
• Locking quick disconnect “00” LEMO connectors.
• Standard 10 foot cable.
• Custom transducers available for special applications.
• Temperature probe for automatic temperature compensation
• Setups: 64 user-defined; factory setups can be edited by user.
• Gate: Used to finely adjust detection point.
• Alarm Limits: Set high and low tolerances with audible beeper, viewable scan bar and visual LEDs.
• Auto Set: Locates detection signal, optimises gain setting and adjusts display to show waveform and detection point automatically.
• Field Calibration: Vector & linear regression
• Certification: Factory calibration traceable to national standards.