NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Aliso Viejo, CA, United States, 2012/08/13 - Building on its 20-year heritage as an industry leader in application performance monitoring, Quest Software today introduced Foglight® for Windows Azure Applications, an application performance monitoring (APM) solution available via SaaS. NASDAQ: QSFT
Available immediately as a beta, the newest addition to the industry-leading Foglight APM portfolio enables IT administrators to monitor performance and understand what end users are experiencing with Windows Azure-based applications.
• Enterprises recognize that end users have high expectations from applications. The success or failure of an application often is determined by the end user’s experience in that application; however, IT administrators sometimes struggle to understand the end user experience, particularly within cloud-based applications.
• Foglight for Windows Azure Applications enables enterprises to leverage cloud-based performance monitoring technology for applications built on the Windows Azure platform, and allows IT administrators to gain critical insight as to how end users interact with these applications.
• Foglight for Azure Applications gives application owners and operators confidence that their users are getting the service expected, and the applications and infrastructure are performing optimally. Specifically, the product provides:
o Insight at a glance into the current and historical availability, as well as the health of the application and its supporting infrastructure;
o The ability to drill down into problems to understand both their impact and probable cause;
o Insight into the quality of service experienced by the application’s users, combined with an at-a-glance view of response time, showing normal behavior and drawing attention to outliers;
o A geographical view of performance and user location, drawing attention to problems affecting particular geographies rather than all users;
o A true understanding of performance issues related to browser types, mobile device and other user agents, identifying compatibility issues and showing how users access the application;
o Alarms that are reserved for truly important matters. In addition to appearing in the product, these can be forwarded to email clients so that IT staff are notified when critical issues arise, enabling them to take action when needed.
• To access the beta version of Foglight for Windows Azure Applications, please visit foglight-on-demand.com/.
Quest’s Foglight Products Continue to Simplify APM:
• For more than 20 years, Quest Software’s industry-leading Foglight application performance monitoring solution has provided unparalleled monitoring capabilities for enterprises worldwide.
• Quest’s longstanding leadership in the performance monitoring of Windows applications and deep-dive monitoring of multivendor databases is ideally suited for helping large enterprises maximize operational efficiencies while reducing the cost, complexity and administrative overhead of managing application performance.
• Unique user experience management capabilities, real-time session capture, replay and analysis offer a 360-degree view from business, IT and end user perspectives to expedite the resolution of performance problems and improve transaction conversion rates.
Steve Rosenberg, vice president and general manager – Performance Monitoring, Quest Software
“We have entered a new era with cloud platforms like Windows Azure. IT organizations now have the ability for extremely rapid and cost-effective application delivery. Our enterprise customers tell us that to capitalize upon this, they must have independent performance monitoring that provides insight into what end users experience with these applications. With the introduction of Foglight for Windows Azure Applications, we now offer performance monitoring solutions that enable enterprise IT departments to have a true picture of the end user’s actual experience with Windows Azure-based applications, quickly and proactively pinpoint performance issues, and resolve those issues before they impact the business.”
Bill Hamilton, Director, Windows Azure Product Marketing, Microsoft Corp.
"Windows Azure is the platform of choice for developers who want to quickly and easily build and run highly scalable applications. We are pleased to have worked with Quest in the development of Foglight for Windows Azure Applications and to know that Windows Azure customers have access to Quest’s established application performance monitoring solution.”
Established in 1987, Quest Software (quest.com) provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management.
Quest, Quest Software, Foglight and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.