• Q2 SaaS Revenue up 30% Year over Year
• Q2 SaaS Billings(1) up 40% Year over Year
• GAAP Gross Margin Reached 47% up from 39% Year over Year
• 147 New Subscription Customers added in Q2.
"I am pleased with our performance in Q2. We had record recurring revenues, strong SaaS billings and a record number of new customers. Our Commissions business performed stronger than ever with deals signed in North America, Colombia, the UAE, and Russia. We saw demand across multiple industries with particular strength in insurance and telecommunications. The Learning, CPQ and Marketing Automation businesses all contributed to a great quarter," said Leslie Stretch, President and CEO of CallidusCloud.
Financial Highlights for the Second Quarter 2012
• Total revenue was $23.8 million for the second quarter, representing an increase of 17% compared to the same quarter last year. Total recurring revenues, which include SaaS revenues and maintenance and support, were $18.0 million, up 17% compared to the second quarter of 2011. SaaS revenues of $14.0 million were up 30%, benefitting by $740,000 from an early customer acceptance, while maintenance and support revenues of $4.0 million were down 13% as compared to the second quarter of 2011. Service and other revenues of $5.8 million were up 15% as compared to the same quarter of 2011.
• Total GAAP gross margin was 47% for the second quarter up from 39% in the same quarter in 2011.
• Non-GAAP gross margin continued at its quarterly record level of 53% for the second quarter of 2012, up from 46% for the second quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP gross margin for the second quarter of 2012 excludes $1.0 million of stock-based compensation expense and $526,000 of amortization of acquired intangibles.
• Second quarter 2012 GAAP recurring revenue gross margin was 56% up from 44% for the second quarter of 2011. Second quarter non-GAAP recurring revenue gross margin, which excludes $383,000 of stock-based compensation and $488,000 of amortization of acquired intangibles, was 61%, up from 52% for the second quarter of 2011.
• GAAP net loss was $5.4 million, or ($0.15) per share, for the second quarter of 2012, which included $4.3 million of stock-based compensation expense, a benefit of $1.8 million for an acquisition-related purchase adjustment, $837,000 of convertible note related interest and amortization expense, $785,000 of amortization of acquired intangible assets, $267,000 of acquisition-related expense and $179,000 of restructuring expense and other. This compares to a GAAP net loss of $4.7 million, or ($0.14) per share, for the second quarter of 2011, which included $3.7 million of stock-based compensation expense, $452,000 of convertible note related expense items, $278,000 of patent litigation cost, $255,000 of amortization of acquired intangible assets, and $237,000 of acquisition related expense.
• Non-GAAP net loss was ($909,000), or ($0.03) per fully diluted share, for the quarter, compared to non-GAAP net income of $165,000, for the same period last year excluding the items identified above.
Business Highlights for the Second Quarter 2012
• Acquired 6FigureJobs, a premier executive career community and job board. The acquisition extends CallidusCloud’s Hiring Cloud suite into a comprehensive sales and executive focused talent recruitment solution.
• Alliances development including joining Salesforce.com’s ISV Force program. This program incentivizes Salesforce.com’s end users to partner with CallidusCloud apps across their business beginning with CallidusCloud CPQ from the Selling Cloud and CallidusCloud Litmos Mobile Learning from the Learning Cloud.
• The CallidusCloud® Sales Effectiveness suite was selected as a finalist for the prestigious International Business Awards – The Stevies in the "Best Cloud Application/Service," "Best Human Capital Management Solution," and "Best Financial Management Solution" categories.
• CallidusCloud hosted C3 -- the largest Sales Performance and Effectiveness conference of its kind in May 2012 – where it announced the launch of its gamification solution. This sales engagement solution uses a reward and scoring system to drive performance-improving behaviors and represents a significant initiative in the SPM space.
Total revenue for the third quarter of 2012 is expected to be between $22.6 million and $23.6 million. For the full year 2012 we expect total revenues to be between $94.0 million and $95.5 million. GAAP operating expenses are expected to be between $18.6 million and $19.6 million in the third quarter of 2012, which includes stock-based compensation expense of approximately $3.7 million, amortization of acquired intangibles of $800,000 and $500,000 of acquisition related costs and legal costs to defend our intellectual property.
A conference call to discuss the second quarter results and outlook is scheduled for 1:30 pm. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) today. The conference call will be available via live webcast at the Investor Relations section of CallidusCloud's website.
Dial-in number: 800-573-4842 (International callers: 617-224-4327)
Replay: A webcast replay will be available after 6:30 pm. PT on August 2, 2012 through August 10, 2012. The webcast replay will be available at the Investor Relations section of our website under Calendar of Events.
Note: (1) Billings is defined as revenue plus the change in quarterly deferred revenue.
About Callidus Software
Callidus Software, Inc. (calliduscloud.com) is the market and technology leader in sales effectiveness cloud computing. Our customers gain a competitive advantage by maximizing sales cost efficiencies and driving improvements in sales effectiveness. CallidusCloud’s award-winning multi-tenant SaaS applications set the standard for performance management of a company’s sales force and channel partners. Over 2.5 million users rely on our solutions to power their performance.
Note on Forward-Looking Statements
The forward-looking statements included in this press release, including discussion of our commercial prospects, estimates of third quarter and full year 2012 revenues, operating expenses, stock-based compensation expense and amortization of acquired intangibles expenses reflect management’s best judgment based on factors currently known and involve risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, potential disruption of customer purchase decisions resulting from global economic conditions, timing and size of orders, potential material fluctuations in financial results and future growth rates, decreases in customer spending, uncertainty regarding purchasing trends in the SPM market, customer cancellations or non-renewal of maintenance contracts or on-demand services, our potential inability to manage effectively any growth we experience, uncertainty regarding the demand for and profitability of our on-demand services, increased competition or new entrants in the marketplace, and other risks detailed in Callidus’ reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including its Form 10-K for 2011 and its first quarter 2012 Form 10-Q which may be obtained by contacting CallidusCloud’s Investor Relations department at 925-251-2248, or from the Investor Relations section of CallidusCloud’s website (CallidusCloud Investor Relations). Actual results may differ materially from those presently reported. We assume no obligation to update the information contained in this release.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
Callidus has provided in this release financial information that has not been prepared in accordance with GAAP. This information includes non-GAAP gross margin, non-GAAP recurring revenue gross margin, non-GAAP net loss and non-GAAP net loss per share. Callidus uses non-GAAP measures internally in analyzing its financial results and believes that they are useful to investors, as a supplement to GAAP measures, in evaluating Callidus’ operating performance. Callidus believes that the use of these non-GAAP measures provides additional insight for investors to use in evaluation of ongoing operating results and trends and in comparing its financial measures with other companies in Callidus’ industry, many of which present similar non-GAAP financial measures to investors. As noted, the non-GAAP financial measures exclude stock-based compensation expense, a benefit from a purchase acquisition-related adjustment, restructuring expense, acquisition related expense, patent litigation cost, convertible note interest expense, amortization of convertible note issuance cost and amortization of acquired intangibles. Non-GAAP financial measures should not be considered in isolation from, or as a substitute for, financial information prepared in accordance with GAAP.
©2012. Callidus Software Inc. All rights reserved. Callidus, Callidus Software, the Callidus Software logo, CallidusCloud, the CallidusCloud logo, TrueComp Manager, ActekSoft, ACom3, ForceLogix, Salesforce Assessments, iCentera, Webcom, LeadFormix, Litmos, the Litmos logo, Rapid Intake, and 6FigureJobs are trademarks, service marks, or registered trademarks of Callidus Software Inc. and its affiliates in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.
Investor Relations Contact:
Carolyn Bass, Market Street Partners
P: 415-445-3232 - E: carolyn[.]marketstreetpartners.com.