NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Taipei, Taiwan, 2012/08/01 - The DA-685 is a 19” 2U rackmount computer tailored for substation applications, featuring abundant communication ports and precision timing capabilities - Moxa.com.
For substations looking to save, simply pick your interface and worry no more: the DA-685 rackmount computer fits your need!
Moxa’s successful rackmount substation computers, the DA-681 and DA-683, are already steadfastly serving in numerous power substations the world over. The IEC 61850-3 certified DA-681 was designed to provide a large variety of communication ports, while the DA-683 combined the Precision Time Protocol, version 2 (IEEE 1588v2), with a high performance dual core Intel Atom D510 processor. These exceptional solutions have inspired many requests for a rackmounted substation computer that combines the exceptional IO capacity and variety of the DA-681 with the computing power of the DA-683. Moxa is now pleased to unveil our response: the DA-685. Like the DA-683, DA-685 series computers feature the Intel Atom D510 processor, giving you all the computing power you need in a reliable, fanless design that features the same variety and number of communications interfaces as the DA-681, but bundled with PTPv2 and EMC Level 4 certification, as well. Designed as an all-purpose substation solution, these DA-685 computers are capable of serving virtually any role in a smart grid environment, regardless of what environmental or technological demands are required.
• Multi-function: A large number of communication ports;
• Safety: EMC level 4 for anti-electromagnetic interference;
• Precision: IEEE 1588v2 compliant provides highly precise timing accuracy;
• Friendly Design: LCM & front panel buttons (by project request).
• Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz processor;
• 1 DDR2 SODIMM sockets supporting DDR2 667 up to 2 GB (max.);
• 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports;
• 2 RS-232/422/485 serial ports (DB9 male);
• 6 RS-485 serial ports (terminal block);
• 2 USB 2.0 ports for high speed peripherals;
• CompactFlash socket for storage expansion;
• 1 SATA interface for hard disk drive expansion;
• EMC Level 4 certified.
Moxa (moxa.com) manufactures device networking products for industrial automation. Information about all Moxa products, which include industrial embedded computers, industrial Ethernet switches, serial device servers, multiport serial cards, embedded device servers, and remote I/O servers, is available on Moxa's corporate website.