Originally a subsidiary of Arts Alliance Media, LOVEFiLM merged with Video Island, operators of Screenselect.co.uk, consolidating the combined business under the LOVEFiLM brand. As an independent business, LOVEFiLM needed to source a new accounting solution that met the needs of a fast growing, international business.
LOVEFiLM had previously used SAP Business One as part of Arts Alliance, making it the obvious choice for implementation.
Managing Director of Codestone, Jeremy Bucknell explains “SAP Business One is specifically designed for growing businesses like LOVEFiLM. With SAP Business One, LOVEFiLM will be able to have up-to-the-minute information for accounts, banking, sales and management, from which they can create reports and monitor business activity.”
In parallel with the UK implementation, LOVEFiLM will work with Codestone to roll out SAP Business One to its Nordic operations. SAP Business One is ideal for businesses based in several overseas locations, as it allows the data entered in one country to be displayed elsewhere in the local currency, making the exchange of financial information between the international offices straightforward.
Codestone (codestone.net) is a leading provider of business-critical software solutions for organisations ranging from SME's (Small to Medium Enterprises) to major PLCs and national organisations. The company boasts an experienced team of professionals with wide-ranging knowledge and experience in the provision of information-based solutions. With experience of an extensive range of requirements and business categories, Codestone is ideally placed to offer a full life cycle service from initial concept through to delivery and support.
About LOVEFiLM International Ltd
•LOVEFiLM International Ltd is Europe's leading online DVD rental subscription service with over 450,000 members and operates in the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany.
•LOVEFiLM carries more than 60,000 unique titles including games, as well as a fast-growing Video-on-Demand (VoD) service.
• LOVEFiLM customers have generated over 27 million film ratings and over 370,000 reviews.
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of online DVD rental options in each market. In the UK these include £9.99 a month, allowing members to have one DVD out at a time, £12.99 for two at a time and £14.99 gives the option for three DVDs at a time. These packages include unlimited DVD rental each month, free postage and no late fees.
• The LOVEFiLM weekly newsletter reaches over 300,000 subscribers.
• LOVEFiLM has won the prestigious British Video Association's award for the UK's Best Rental Service in both 2005 and 2006.
• The group currently works with major partners in the UK including AOL, Tesco, EasyGroup, CD Wow, Guardian Newspapers, WHSmith, Odeon and Vue Cinemas, some of whom offer a fully white-labelled service.
• LOVEFiLM launched the first UK mass market movie download service to its UK subscriber base in December 2005. Customers can download-to-rent (VoD) or download-to-own from a choice of over 1,700 titles. Short films and full-length feature films are available from major Hollywood studios including Universal, Warner Bros., Sony, Momentum, Icon, Celluloid Dreams, World Cinema and Contender.
• LOVEFiLM also operates a VoD service to AOL UK customers