NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, Greater London, United Kingdom, 2012/07/11 - The Chinese cement industry valued CNY1.2 trillion in 2011, and grew at a CAGR of 12.89% during the review period (2007-2011) - BRICdata.com.
China is the largest cement market in the world, producing and consuming more than half of the cement produced globally. The industry is hugely fragmented, with approximately 3,000 small, medium-sized and large enterprises. The top ten producers account for less than 25% of the market share, and consist of both global and domestic firms.
Government of China invested US$500 billion in infrastructure during its 11th five-year plan, and plans to invest US$1 trillion during the 12th five-year plan. The large-scale investment in various spheres of infrastructure, including roads, railways, bridges and ports, is expected to drive the demand for cement over the forecast period.
Shorter deadlines for builders to complete projects, labor shortages, space constraints in big cities, a growing need for mechanization, and a range of infrastructure projects are the key factors propelling the use of ready-mixed concrete in China. Large township projects in suburbs of big cities where IT zones are prominent are also fueling the demand for ready-mixed concrete. Upcoming infrastructure projects including energy, roads, ports and airport projects across China continue to be growth drivers for ready-mixed concrete in China.
The Chinese cement industry is expected to consolidate over the forecast period, with large domestic and foreign companies acquiring small and medium-sized firms. Stringent emissions standards are likely to lead to the closure or acquisition of smaller plants.
The Chinese cement industry, being a highly energy-intensive industry, is focusing strongly on alternative sources of energy and sustainable practices. This has led to partnerships with global cement equipment manufacturing plants, leading to more innovation in energy-efficient and sustainable technology
Key highlights of this title:
• China is the largest producer of cement in the world
• China has surplus production capacity. Despite this, more capacity addition is expected over the forecast period
• The acceptance of ready-mixed cement is particularly strong in urban centers. The reliability of supply and consistent quality of ready-mixed concrete are the main reasons for the increasing popularity of the product, as these product qualities improve the productivity of builders.
• The government of China invested US$500 billion in infrastructure during its 11th five-year plan, and plans to invest US$1 trillion during the 12th five-year plan. The large-scale investment in various spheres of infrastructure, including roads, railways, bridges and ports, is expected to drive the demand for cement over the forecast period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Chinese cement industry:
• It provides historical values for the Chinese cement industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
• It offers a detailed analysis of production capacity, consumption, imports and exports of cement
• It details the regulatory framework for Chinese cement industry
• It covers an exhaustive summary on key trends and drivers affecting the Chinese cement industry
• It details the competitive landscape in Chinese cement industry
• Analysis of market entry, growth and operational strategies of key players.
• Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to Chinese cement industry
• Assess the growth opportunities and industry dynamics by knowing production capacity, demand, imports and exports figures
• Identify the key market trends and opportunities
• Assess the competitive landscape in the Chinese cement Industry market enabling the formulation of effective market-entry strategies.
Product code: CN0511MR
BRICdata (bricdata.com) specializes in the provision of strategic intelligence on emerging markets that helps suppliers in developed markets identify, pursue and achieve growth opportunities.