NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2012/07/10 - At Semicon West, National Instruments announced the expansion of its line of PXI SMUs for automated semiconductor test - NI.com. NASDAQ: NATI
• The new NI PXIe-4143 source measure unit (SMU) features the highest channel density of any SMU on the market and one of the fastest sample rates, making it ideal for parallel testing of multipin semiconductor devices.
• The new SMU features NI SourceAdapt technology, which makes it possible for engineers to custom tune the SMU response for any device under test (DUT) load.
• NI engineers will demonstrate the new SMU at Semicon West in San Francisco, July 10–12, at North Hall booth #6360.
At Semicon West, National Instruments today announced the expansion of its line of PXI SMUs for automated semiconductor test. Ideal for parallel testing of multipin semiconductor DUTs, the new NI PXIe-4143 SMU offers 600,000 samples per second and four channels – the highest channel density of any SMU – and expands NI’s multichannel SMU output range to 24 V at 150 mA. Such features help reduce the cost of capital equipment, decrease test times and increase mixed-signal flexibility for a variety of DUTs.
“With the new NI PXIe-4143, our SMU family now gives test engineers DC measurement options for almost any device,” said Ron Wolfe, vice president of semiconductor test at National Instruments. “Our industry-leading channel counts, superior sample rates and SourceAdapt technology for custom tuning, provide one of the most flexible selections of semiconductor measurement instruments available.”
• Four SMU channels with up to 600 kS/s sampling rate to measure fast transient responses;
• Four-quadrant output capability of 24 V at 150 mA, complementing preexisting NI SMU capabilities for sourcing and sinking;
• Measurement sensitivity of 10 pA;
• Flexible, compact PXI modular instrumentation architecture for small-footprint equipment deployments.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.