E-Separation technologies for water treatment have been around for decades but have been considered largely a niche technology. The E-Separation technology group includes electro-deionization, electrodialysis, capacitive deionization, reverse electrodialysis, electrodialysis reversal. The common thread amongst them all is that they either use a current to separate ions out of solution or they use the mixing of ions in solution to generate a current.
Desalination is a rapidly growing industry, with the global installed capacity doubling from 20m3/day in 1995 to 40m3/day in 2005. In the past, improvements in reverse osmosis technology have limited the role of E-Separation technology for traditional desalination applications, however BlueTech Research patent analysis show that electro-separation technologies are a hot area of desalination innovation. During this webinar you will find out if a panel of industry experts believes the new developments in electrodes, ion exchange membranes and stack construction will take E-Separation to the mainstream of water and wastewater treatment.
By attending this webinar you will learn:
• What are the main E-Separation Technologies, their applications, and dominant players?
• What is the difference between ED, EDR, EDI, CDI and RED?
• How big is the market for E-Separation Technologies for water and waste water treatment?
• What are the latest advancements in E-Separation Technologies?
• How are E-Separation Technologies being combined in interesting ways?
• What are the key markets for E-Separation Technologies and how have technical innovations opened up new markets?
• What cutting edge research is happening right now?
• Where do E-Separation technologies provide an attractive alternative to conventional technologies.
• How do CAPEX and OPEX of E-Separation compare with other membrane technologies.
This webinar is part of the BlueTech® Webinar series.
Moderator - Ir Robert Gerard, General Manager, Aqualogy
John Barber, Ph.D., R&D Eng. Manager - Electroseparations, GE Power and Water
Brad Biagini, OPUS/ZDD Product Manager, Veolia Water
Senior E-Separation Specialist, Wetsus – to be confirmed
The Event will be held on July 12th, 11:00 - 12:30 pm EDT; 4:00 pm - 5:30 PM BST - To Register, visit bluetechresearch.com/.