“Almost seven years of relentless engineering and innovation plus key strategic acquisitions. An investment of billions. We are now announcing the most comprehensive Cloud on the planet Earth,” said Oracle CEO, Larry Ellison. “Most cloud vendors only have niche assets. They don’t have platforms to extend. Oracle is the only vendor that offers a complete suite of modern, socially-enabled applications, all based on a standards-based platform.”
In a major strategy update today, Larry Ellison announced the industry’s broadest and most advanced Cloud strategy and introduced Oracle Cloud Social Services, a broad Enterprise Social Platform offering.
Oracle Cloud delivers a broad set of industry-standards based, integrated services that provide customers with subscription-based access to Oracle Platform Services, Application Services, and Social Services, all completely managed, hosted and supported by Oracle.
Offering a wide range of business applications and platform services, the Oracle Cloud is the only cloud to enable customers to avoid the data and business process fragmentation that occurs when using multiple, siloed public clouds.
Oracle Cloud is powered by leading enterprise-grade infrastructure, including Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic, providing customers and partners with a high-performance, reliable, and secure infrastructure for running critical business applications.
Oracle Cloud enables easy self-service for both business users and developers. Business users can order, configure, extend, and monitor their applications. Developers and administrators can easily develop, deploy, monitor and manage their applications.
As part of the event, Oracle also showcased several early Oracle Cloud customers and partners including system integrators and independent software vendors.
Oracle Cloud Platform Services
Built on a common, complete, standards-based and enterprise-grade set of infrastructure components, Oracle Cloud Platform Services enable customers to speed time to market and lower costs by quickly building, deploying and managing bespoke applications. Oracle Cloud Platform Services will include:
• Database Services to manage data and build database applications with the Oracle Database.
• Java Services to develop, deploy and manage Java applications with Oracle WebLogic.
• Developer Services to allow application developers to collaboratively build applications.
• Web Services to build Web applications rapidly using PHP, Ruby, and Python.
• Mobile Services to allow developers to build cross-platform native and HTML5 mobile applications for leading smartphones and tablets.
• Documents Services to allow project teams to collaborate and share documents through online workspaces and portals.
• Sites Services to allow business users to develop and maintain visually engaging .com sites
• Analytics Services to allow business users to quickly build and share analytic dashboards and reports through the Cloud.
Oracle Cloud Application Services
Oracle Cloud Application Services provides customers access to the industry’s broadest range of enterprise applications available in the cloud today, with built-in business intelligence, social and mobile capabilities. Easy to setup, configure, extend, use and administer, Oracle Cloud Application Services will include:
• ERP Services: A complete set of Financial Accounting, Project Management, Procurement, Sourcing, and Governance, Risk & Compliance solutions.
• HCM Services: A complete Human Capital Management solution including Global HR, Workforce Lifecycle Management, Compensation, Benefits, Payroll and other solutions.
• Talent Management Services: A complete Talent Management solution including Recruiting, Sourcing, Performance Management, and Learning.
• Sales and Marketing Services: A complete Sales and Marketing solution including Sales Planning, Territory Management, Leads & Opportunity Management, and Forecasting.
• Customer Experience Services: A complete Customer Service solution including Web Self-Service, Contact Centers, Knowledge Management, Chat, and e-mail Management.
Oracle Cloud Social Services
Oracle Cloud Social Services provides the most broad and complete enterprise social platform available in the cloud today. With Oracle Cloud Social Services, enterprises can engage with their customers on a range of social media properties in a comprehensive and meaningful fashion including social marketing, commerce, service and listening. The platform also provides enterprises with a rich social networking solution for their employees to collaborate effectively inside the enterprise. Oracle’s integrated social platform will include:
• Oracle Social Network to enable secure enterprise collaboration and purposeful social networking for business.
• Oracle Social Data Services to aggregate data from social networks and enterprise data sources to enrich business applications.
• Oracle Social Marketing and Engagement Services to enable marketers to centrally create, publish, moderate, manage, measure and report on their social marketing campaigns.
• Oracle Social Intelligence Services to enable marketers to analyze social media interactions and to enable customer service and sales teams to engage with customers and prospects effectively.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Kristin Reeves, Blanc & Otus
P: +1. 415.856.5145 - E: kreeves[.]blancandotus.com.