Transforming IT support to help customers optimize the value of their technology investments, Oracle today announced Oracle Platinum Services.
Providing the highest level of service in the industry, Oracle Platinum Services offer:
• 5 minute Issue Response;
• 15 minute restoration or escalation to development;
• 30 minute joint debugging;
• 24/7 monitoring;
• Quarterly patching and system updates;
• Proactive services to anticipate, identify and remediate issues.
Available now for Exadata, Exalogic, SPARC Supercluster and Oracle Cloud. These Platinum configurations are engineered together, tested together and supported together.
Issues requiring development resources are escalated to the Oracle team that built the product.
Oracle Platinum Services bridge the gap between traditional IT support and fully-managed services, providing customers with an enhanced set of support services that enable improved performance, reduced cost and accelerated innovation.
Oracle Platinum Services are available immediately, at no additional cost, to qualifying Oracle customers as part of their standard Premier Support contract.
New IT Services Help Reduce Cost, Complexity and Increase Performance
With Oracle Platinum Services, Oracle customers gain access to powerful services, including remote monitoring, faster service response times and quarterly patch updates deployed directly to their systems, enabling high availability in mission critical IT environments.
To access Oracle Platinum Services, customers install a patented, secure monitoring gateway which extends the Oracle Support Cloud into their environment.
With this secure connection to Oracle, customers can decrease the cost and complexity of supporting their IT environment, while easing administration, enabling high availability and increasing security with:
• 24x7 Remote Fault Monitoring: Covered components are monitored for faults remotely around-the-clock, providing a single point of accountability for the Oracle stack.
• Industry Leading Support Response Times: Oracle will respond to any severity 1 issue within 5 minutes and will either restore the system or escalate the issue to product development within 15 minutes. A 24x7 escalation process and hotline ensures customers are routed to specialized product experts for immediate access to advanced support and development engineers.
• Remote Quarterly Software Updates & Patch Deployment: Customers gain fast access to improvements and new innovations, helping ensure better system performance. Oracle will apply software updates to customer products on behalf of the customer four times per year, or once per quarter, through the remote connection.
“Oracle Platinum Services is a new paradigm in IT support that further reinforces the value proposition of systems engineered to work together,” said Larry Abramson, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Advance Customer Support Services. “These Platinum configurations are engineered together, tested together and supported together. Oracle develops, engineers and supports every component in the solution and every component is best in class. Every Platinum configuration is fault-tolerant.”
“The new service offering allowed us more tools and capabilities, and the opportunity for knowledge transfer on how to get maximum value from our Oracle products,” said Clif Triplett, VP & CIO, Baker Hughes. “This has set a new benchmark of open dialog and partnership with Oracle.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Kristin Reeves, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5145 - E: kreeves[.]blancandotus.com.