"MasterControl Mobile is designed to enable remote personnel such as sales and service field employees, manufacturing workers, and executives to do their jobs more efficiently and effectively wherever they are and whenever they have time," said MasterControl CEO Jonathan Beckstrand. "It allows users to access information within the MasterControl system from a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets."
The release of MasterControl Mobile further establishes MasterControl as an industry leading innovator in the development of dynamic quality management software solutions. With MasterControl Mobile, any user can easily access critical information from anywhere using a mobile device. It extends the benefits of an automated system far beyond employees’ desks at the office.
MasterControl Mobile helps companies cut down on paperwork, inefficiency, and compliance problems. The new offering provides quick access to documents and information when company personnel are visiting clients, prospects, suppliers, vendors, and so forth.
While executives are often needed for critical approvals, they typically don’t have much time to devote to such tasks. Consequently, they are less involved in quality management. Executives with mobile devices, however, are more likely to participate in the quality management system. With MasterControl Mobile, executives not only know when they have critical approvals, but they are also able to perform these approvals on their own schedule from wherever they happen to be located.
Features and benefits of MasterControl Mobile include:
• Enhanced Usability: MasterControl Mobile significantly extends the usability of the system. It allows users a variety of options they can take advantage of remotely such as:
- Search for, view, and email documents;
- Launch quality processes (such as a non-conformance, a complaint, etc.);
- Perform data collection for these quality processes;
- View the "My Tasks" function and take corresponding actions, such as document approval, collaboration, form approval, form data entry, training, and exams;
- Enable data collection for other processes, such as equipment calibration, etc.
• Save Time and Resources: Users who spend a significant amount of time away from their computer—such as manufacturing workers, executives, or field personnel—can still quickly access critical tasks and information in MasterControl, which saves time, money, and man-hours.
• Access Documents and Task Assignments Exactly Where Work is Being Done: MasterControl Mobile extends the benefits of an automated system to the manufacturing area and any other location away from the user's typical workplace – his or her desk.
• Cost Minimization: Going mobile helps companies reduce the costs of using outdated information in manufacturing environments, failing to capture quality event information, and giving outdated product literature to customers or prospects.
• Works with Multiple Devices: MasterControl Mobile has been specifically designed to work with a broad set of smartphones and tablets.
• Access the Quality Management System Anywhere, Anytime: Users with mobile devices can participate in the quality management system where and when they want to.
The MasterControl platform, used by hundreds of organizations worldwide, makes it possible for companies to manage all aspects of compliance in their businesses, whether it entails document management/control, audits, training management, process automation, supplier quality management, or risk management. The new MasterControl Mobile offering helps customers accelerate these processes.
MasterControl's integrated compliance software solution suite allows companies to meet and exceed FDA requirements, ISO standards, and similar regulatory requirements. MasterControl facilitates compliance management by automating and managing document control, change control, training management, audits, corrective/preventive action (CAPA), customer complaints, nonconformance disposition, deviation handling, electronic batch record (EBR) management, and other quality processes critical to regulatory compliance.
MasterControl, Inc. (mastercontrol.com) produces software solutions that enable companies doing business in regulatory environments to get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency. MasterControl securely manages a company's critical information throughout the entire product lifecycle. MasterControl software is known for being easy to implement, eay to validate and easy to use. MasterControl solutions include quality management, document management/document control, product lifecycle management, audit management, training management, bill of materials, supplier management, submission documents management, clinical trial management, and more. Supported by a comprehensive array of services based on industry best practices, MasterControl provides customers with a complete information management solution across the entire enterprise. For more information about MasterControl, call: 800-825-9117 (U.S.); +44 (0) 1256 325 949 (Europe); or 03-6801-6147 (Japan).