NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
San Francisco, CA, United States, 2006/12/02 - GetVendors.com, a web 2.0 start up has taken upon the challenge of relieving stress of household chores from busy lives of working moms. GetVendors.com has three primary functional modules - Pro-match, Household Organizer, and Community Groups.
Back in April, when the portal was still in its nascent stage, the founding team surveyed* over 300 working mothers in various Silicon Valley companies to understand the persona and behavioral patterns of this user group (*Detailed questionnaires can be requested by sending an email to GetVendors.com PR department). Based on the survey results and focus groups, it was evident that although there is hardly any generalization when it comes to defining outlook, social background, or motivation of these moms, surprisingly enough - what they need the most to relieve stress from their everyday life is very much consistent.
The message is clear; working mothers need:
1. Quick access to reliable local professionals who will fix the household problems without disturbing their budget too much.
2. Help with tracking household to-do lists and organizing information.
3. An effective way to share everyday ideas with their peers
Based on this user research, GetVendors.com team has developed an end-to-end solution which has three primary modules
1. Pro-match - This module helps users connect with quality service professionals recommended by their community. This approach is similar to the online referral services such as ServiceMagic.com or LendingTree network. However, the main difference and user advantage of GetVendors.com referral service is that users get connected to service professionals who best match user's requirements and not the one who advertise with the service. This not only ensures that users always get connected with right professionals but also helps GetVendors.com scale faster than its counterparts. With just a few months after being live, GetVendors.com already has more than 15,000 community recommended service professionals in its network. The competitiveness inherent in vendor's bidding process gives users an upper hand in negotiations that ensures fare pricing and better service quality for users.
2. Household Organizer - This module is a collection of web based utilities that helps moms forget the tension of remembering everything - from planning Christmas parties to working on remodeling/renovation projects. The features such as tidbits collection, checklist/to-do list tracker, favorite services/contacts help moms relax since they can access and track information related to household chores as they do it successfully with their office projects. This Organizer functionality also offers a clear personal incentive for users to save information and first hand experiences in the review system. This natural motivation for user's community participation ensures that GetVendors.com community does not face vulnerabilities and commercial abuse threats faced by other community review systems such as Angieslist.com, Judysbook.com, and Insiderpages.com.
3. Community Groups - GetVendors.com community groups e.g. the working mom group are focused on sharing everyday ideas, common interests, concerns, and resources. These groups help users seek advice from trusted friends, plan/promote activities or events, recommend good services to each other, communicate one-on-one with other community users, and share information about websites, blogs, and new products of common interest. These groups differentiate from social networking sites targeted at teenagers or singles (such as myspace.com, yelp.com) by focusing on helping existing natural social groups to interact more effectively. With adults, the focus is on exchanging ideas with someone they share common experiences with (based on ethnicity, work place, and/or location). In GetVendors.com community, users can join existing groups or start their own. Compared to other sites such as iVillage.com or new websites (such as mothersclick.com, minti.com, mayasmom.com) that are targeted toward the same user group, GetVendors.com has far richer functionality (e.g. household organizer, referral services, social bookmarking), proven business model based on pay-per-lead revenue from local service professionals, and superior user experience with AJAX based interactive interface.
With its targeted offering and user centered design approach, GetVendors.com is seeing an enthusiastic support from the working moms. Already, over 2500 users are registered with GetVendors.com services and this number is growing rapidly.
Founded by UC-Berkeley alumni, GetVendors.com is a start up company based in Foster City, California. With its exponential rise in user base, especially among busy office staff members and working moms, GetVendors.com is well positioned to become a driving force in reshaping the way users work on with their household chores. The American Association of Web Masters has also recently awarded a Gold Web Award to GetVendors.com.