NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Fremont, CA, United States, 2012/05/29 - Link+ 3 users can seamlessly access and enjoy photos, music and videos from any device, anywhere in the home - ArcSoft.com.
ArcSoft, Inc., the industry leading software provider of imaging technologies and applications, is announcing today the availability of the ArcSoft Link+TM 3 home media hub for Windows PCs. Link+ 3 becomes your complete home media command center, enabling DLNA compatible devices such as your PC, Network Attached Storage (NAS) device, HDTV, iPad*, Android phone and tablet to share, stream or download any media to another device on your home network.
ArcSoft Link+ 3 automatically locates your computers, connects your digital devices, and allows you to experience and enjoy your high-definition videos, photos and music throughout your home. Now you can watch a video stored on a laptop on your HDTV, browse through shared photos, and listen to music from any PC, smart phones and tablets, anywhere in the house.
Key Features Include:
• Seamlessly streams photos, videos and music between any device on the home network;
• Real-time transcoding and streaming of all major media formats;
• Converts SD video to near HD with SimHD®;
• Download media to any Link+ 3 device to enjoy it whenever you want, wherever you are;
• Full DMR (Digital Media Renderer) support and password protection for your media files.
“Link+ 3 has been architected to take full advantage of our new second-generation AMD A-Series APUs to give users the highest quality entertainment experience with crystal clear audio and stunning HD video,” said John Taylor, Director of Client Product and Software Marketing at AMD (NYSE: AME). “ArcSoft has embraced the vision for our second-generation AMD A-Series APU and delivered a smart home media solution for anybody who is passionate about high-quality home entertainment.”
Link+ 3 with VISION Technology from AMD:
• Utilizes the 2nd Gen A-Series APUs for efficient CPU usage during transcoding and HD playback, while offloading massive data processing to its powerful GPU;
• Accelerates smooth video playback and lowers power consumption;
• Deploys ArcSoft’s SimHD technology to upscale standard-definition content to near high-definition in real-time.
Link+ 3 for Windows is immediately available.
*Link+ 3 for iPad will be available in Q3, 2012.
ArcSoft, Inc. (arcsoft.com) is an industry leading software developer of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop, mobile and embedded platforms. Working closely with major OEM manufacturers, ArcSoft offers a full line of imaging and video solutions that enhance the features, performance and user experience of mobile phones, digital cameras, tablets, personal computers and consumer electronics devices.
© Copyright 2012 ArcSoft, Inc. All rights reserved. ArcSoft and the ArcSoft logo are registered trademarks of ArcSoft, Inc. All other products and companies named herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.