1. This is an important platform for the telcos & mobile communications stakeholders in the Asia Pacific region to take a fresh look at the influences shaping the evolution of the wireless industry, discuss how telcos can overcome present 3G operational challenges & facilitate their seamless migration to 4G and preparing them for the on-coming 5G.
2. The Forum is co-organized with Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Taiwan’s premier technology standard-bearer. ITRI seeks to expedite the development of new industrial technology, aid the process of upgrading industrial technology techniques and establish future industrial technology in the IT and Telecom sectors.
3. The Forum will see the unique gathering of top telecom operators, regulators, handset designers, OTT service providers & chipset makers from North Asia, North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Middle East & Russia.
4. Wireless 4G developments are quickly becoming so intertwined with other realms of consumer electronics, networking, computing and media that the consequences of overlapping markets, IPR, and government involvement plays an increasing role. This becomes important in how all aspects of the supply and operator environment evolves, from the design of ICs/SoCs, to devices, and on up to operation of networks and orchestration of applications and services. At the same time, operators currently in 2G and 3G and preparing to migrate to 4G, are challenged with crunching bandwidth bottlenecks & data offloading issues, aggravated by the plethora of new iPads, iPhones and Android phones and the heavy traffic. This will form part of an exciting Agenda the 4G Forum will deliberate on.
5. Top-notch organizations presenting at the Forum include Chunghwa Telecom, Telefonica O2, Far EasTone Telecom, Vee TIME Telecom, UQ Communications/KDDI (Japan), Global Mobile Corp (Taiwan), Microsoft Asia, Vodafone, Ministry of Knowledge Economy (Korea), Korea Telecom, China Unicom, Fiat (Italy), ITU, Turkcell, Verizon Wireless, Viet Nam Telecommunications Authority, Smart Mobile (Philippines), Mongolia Information, Communications Technology and Post Authority & Orange.
6. D-Link, a global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of advanced networking, broadband, digital, voice and data communications solutions will be showcasing their products at the Forum.
7. Elaborating on the importance of the Forum, Maggie Tan, CEO of Magenta Global said “Wireless infrastructure and broadband networks are vital infrastructure critical to the economic and social development of all economies. We are very pleased to bring together the stakeholders to tackle the operational challenges, the new buzz and what to expect in the months ahead.”
8. The Forum will be held at Sheraton Taipei Hotel.
About Magenta Global, Singapore - Organizer
Magenta Global (magenta-global.com.sg) is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Central & South America, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public & private sectors.
About ITRI, Industrial Technology Research Institute – Co-Organizer
ITRI (itri.org.tw) has 3 mission statements - to expedite the development of new industrial technology, to aid in the process of upgrading industrial technology techniques & to establish future industrial technology. However, in order to face a new economic era & serving as a nation's premiere technology research institute, ITRI must transform Taiwan's research capability from a “follower” to a “pioneer” in order to provide major advantage and opportunities for domestic industries.
About D-Link - Exhibitor
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid-to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. Through innovative design and cutting edge technology, D-Link has cultivated an award-winning portfolio that includes switches, wireless routers/access points, broadband solutions, storage devices, IP Surveillance systems, and cloud-based network management products. D-Link stands at the forefront of the world marketplace, delivering products that address the needs of our changing world, meeting or exceeding customer expectations in a rapidly evolving and price-sensitive economy. D-Link continues to lead the way in networking and telecommunications technology, providing network operators with the latest LTE solutions for FDD and TDD. These offering complement D-Link’s already successful 3G portfolio of USB dongles, wireless routers, and portable wireless routers (MiFi) sold worldwide.