NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Glendale, AZ, United States, 2012/05/25 - Thunderbird School of Global Management the # 1-ranked school in international management has introduced a one-year certificate in entrepreneurship targeted to the needs of US military currently serving, in transition or post separation.
The Certificate in Veterans Entrepreneurship is a one year "blended" program of online course work and live classroom teaching, learning and networking, and includes a one week on-campus seminar. The Program combines the convenience of online course delivery and the dynamic experience of an intense, interactive and action-based learning found only in a live, on-campus classroom experience.
The Program will focus on building fundamental business skills in accounting, marketing, management, leadership and project management and includes:
• Direct engagement with Thunderbird's globally-recognized faculty.
• Experience in developing a business plan and presenting it to investors and entrepreneurial experts.
• One on one mentorship with successful entrepreneurs.
• Business intelligence via Thunderbird's rich trove of library, data and research assets.
• Access to Thunderbird's exclusive alumni network with a truly global presence and reach.
According to Thunderbird Veteran Certificate Program Academic Director, Dr. Robert Hisrich,"Our mission is to give back to Veterans who have served their country by providing an opportunity to improve their quality of life with skills that will help them succeed in the small business environment and expand opportunities for other Veterans in employment opportunities."
The core curriculum will include a variety of discussions, case studies, guest speakers and interactive seminars and also feature:
• On-site 1 week intensive Entrepreneurship Bootcamp - building a winning, fundable business plan
• Legal Issues and Valuation
• Sources of Finance and Franchising Opportunities
• Pitching and Presenting your Business Plan
The first cohort will begin in September, 2012
For information contact Carol Pacelli: +1 602-978-7256