This week at The Cable Show, Rovi Corporation will premiere new technology innovation and market collaborations that are enabling cable service providers to bring cutting-edge and dynamic entertainment experiences to their subscribers across a range of home and mobile screens. As part of the event, Rovi will be demonstrating its latest lineup of solutions — including TotalGuide™, DivX® Plus Streaming and the Rovi Advertising Network — that are enriching the discovery, delivery and enjoyment of cable services on broadly deployed set-top boxes and next-generation platforms as well as tablets and smartphones.
As part of its commitment to drive innovative technologies and services, Rovi is showcasing its Rovi Cloud Services APIs and Developer Portal as sponsorship of Imagine Park’s Imagine App Challenge, a student competition taking place during The Cable Show. Participating students will be able to use Rovi Cloud Service APIs and Rovi Developer Portal to develop a winning media, entertainment, or communications application for the cable industry.
Demonstrations at the Rovi Booth and throughout The Cable Show include:
• Speech enhanced discovery capability - Through the new initiative announced today with Nuance Communications, Rovi will demonstrate new building blocks for speech and audio recognition as part of the discovery experience. (See press release,“Rovi and Nuance to Advance Voice Activated Guidance and Content Discovery”)
• TotalGuide Solution will be demonstrated on Pace’s next-generation Multi-tuner Video Gateway for “home content sharing” featuring Whole Home DVR and IP connectivity. Rovi TotalGuide on Pace’s platform is designed to provide a common user experience across multiple platforms enabling consumers seamless access to digital content while also giving operators more choice on how to implement content sharing and IP capabilities in their infrastructure. (See press release,“Rovi TotalGuide Solution Debuts in Pace Set-Top Boxes”)
• TotalGuide for Set-top Box enables service providers to offer subscribers a visually rich user experience and engaging new user interface to connect with a cable operator’s On Demand library. The solution, designed for integration into broadly deployed set-top boxes, provides a robust feature set that includes integrated search, recommendations and continuous “six degrees” discovery.
• As part of its TotalGuide Solution for Service Providers, Rovi will demonstrate new features including Mini Guide and an enhanced TV Listings user interface that enables service providers to offer a seamless discovery experience where content is front and center. Mini Guide provides an expanded TV listings view in a smaller visual format that allows subscribers to continue to watch programming while they navigate additional content. Built upon Rovi’s signature recommendations technology and six degrees experience, subscribers can view cast and crew information as well as receive similar program and movie recommendations. The enhancements can be deployed on in-market advanced set top boxes (STBs) that currently use Rovi i-Guide.
• Rovi Search Service for i-Guide and Passport Guide enables integrated search for TV Listings and On Demand content for Rovi customers, providing their subscribers with streamlined discovery of entertainment content.
• Rovi Cloud Services & Rovi Developer Portal provides developers and cable providers with the tools and APIs to launch feature-rich TV, movie and music entertainment applications and products across multiple platforms.
• Rovi DTA Guide enables cable operators to create more value for their subscribers in the all-digital home, providing a simple yet elegant program guide for access to programming, parental controls and language support for English and Spanish. The solution will also be demonstrated in the Motorola and Pace booths.
• Video Streaming Capability to TotalGuide xD - Rovi and Azuki Systems, a leading provider of advanced multi-screen video delivery solutions to any screen over any network, will demonstrate streaming of live TV to Rovi’s TotalGuide xD for iPad. TotalGuide xD for tablets and smartphones is a white label search and discovery and television anytime, anywhere platform designed to help cable operators extend their brand and video services to the second screen. Rovi is working with Azuki to demonstrate video service possibilities for the TotalGuide xD product, and will showcase the experience for service providers looking to enhance the entertainment experience and drive additional value and revenue through advanced multiscreen video and content discovery features across platforms.
• DivX Plus Streaming provides an end-to-end, secure adaptive streaming solution of over-the-top IP content to multiple platforms, providing a feature-rich, premium digital entertainment experience with advanced multimedia features.
• Personal Media Manager is a white-label personal media manager solution that enables operators to deliver their customers an easy way to clean, stream, manage and consume their personal video, music and photo content, regardless of source or location.
• Rovi Digital Copy Solution is a flexible solution to help cable operators generate new revenue by offering consumers the opportunity to access their favorite titles via in-home disc-to-digital redemptions.
• Rovi Advertising Network is available across service provider, consumer electronics and web platforms, enabling advertisers and networks to increase brand awareness through enhanced listings, promotions, interactive content and video. Rovi solutions showcased at The Cable Show will demonstrate how advertisers can more effectively reach their targeted audiences using the advanced capabilities of the Rovi Advertising Network.
About Rovi Corporation
Rovi Corporation (rovicorp.com) is focused on revolutionizing the digital entertainment landscape by delivering solutions that enable consumers to intuitively connect to new entertainment from many sources and locations. The company also provides extensive entertainment discovery solutions for television, movies, music and photos to its customers in the consumer electronics, cable and satellite, entertainment and online distribution markets. These solutions, complemented by industry leading entertainment data, create the connections between people and technology, and enable them to discover and manage entertainment in an enjoyable form.
Rovi holds approximately 5,100 issued or pending patents worldwide and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with numerous offices across the United States and around the world including Japan, China, Luxembourg, and the United Kingdom.
Forward Looking Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will" or "is expected to," or similar words that describe the Company's or its management's future plans, objectives, or goals, are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in the Company's most recent report on Form 10-K for the period ended December 31, 2011 and such other documents as are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time (available at sec.gov/). The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.