ATEN International, a leading designer and manufacturer of advanced connectivity solutions, today announced new dual rail LCD KVM over IP switches. The KL1508Ai and KL1516Ai switches are control units that enable secure access up to eight or 16 computers from a single KVM (keyboard, video and mouse) console. The units consist of an integrated 17” or 19” LCD monitor, keyboard and touchpad in a 1U rack-mountable retractable sliding housing.
Catering to the needs of both local and remote staff, the KL1508Ai and KL1516Ai feature IP-based connectivity to monitor and access computers on an installation. Leveraging TCP/IP for its communications protocol, the KL1508Ai and KL1516Ai can be accessed from any computer on the LAN, WAN, or Internet – whether that computer is located down the hall, down the street, or halfway around the world.
For additional convenience, the LCD and keyboard/touchpad modules slide independently of each other. To maximize space in a server room or data center, the keyboard/touchpad module can slide back to “ hide away “ when not in use, while the LCD monitor rotates back – ﬂush against the rack – enabling convenient monitoring of computer activity.
The KL1508Ai/KL1516Ai also includes enhanced features such as Panel Array Mode which displays the video output of up to 16 computers at the same time, and a message board that allows logged–in users to conveniently communicate with one other remotely. Additionally, RJ–45 connectors and CAT5e/6 cables provide a compact and efﬁcient wiring conﬁguration.
“We're pleased to strengthen our dynamic line of LCD KVM switches with the latest launch of our IP–capable KL1508Ai and KL1516Ai units,” said Kevin Chen, President of ATEN International. “Today's network administrators within data centers of all sizes are still facing the challenge of conserving precious rack space. We believe that our space–efficient LCD KVM switches meet that challenge and provide IT staff with a versatile solution for server room management.”
Key features of the KL1508Ai and KL1516Ai include:
• Space Efﬁciency – The KL1508Ai/KL1516Ai provides a streamlined method to conserve server room rack space by integrating a retractable LCD monitor, keyboard, and touchpad in a 1U dual rail housing that is designed to install easily and operate smoothly.
• Enhanced Console Control – the extra console ports provide administrators with the ability to use a standard keyboard/monitor/mouse console.
• Remote Power Control – in conjunction with attached Power Over the NET™ devices such as the PN0108, users can reboot power remotely if there is an operating system crash or the keyboard does not respond to input.
• Panel Array Mode – Panel Array Mode technology permits simultaneous monitoring of the video output of the installations' servers. Operators can monitor the screen display of up to eight or 16 servers for real-time server monitoring.
• Mouse DynaSync – automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements for perfect alignment of mouse pointers, regardless of server mouse acceleration settings.