Gale, part of Cengage Learning and a leading publisher of research and reference resources for libraries, schools and businesses, and Wolper Information Services today announced a partnership to distribute Gale subscription products and major reference works in print and electronic form into the special library market. Wolper, the first subscription agency to sell Gale products, will expand distribution of key resources by offering them to libraries and individuals within corporations, medical and healthcare facilities, government agencies and non-profit institutions.
“We are always looking for new and convenient options to provide our customers and potential customers with access to our products,” said Frank Menchaca, executive vice president and publisher, Gale. “Through this agreement with Wolper, customers can now easily access key Gale resources and combine multiple vendor subscriptions through one source.”
Through this agreement, Wolper will be able to offer special library customers access to thousands of Gale titles and customizable subscription products, such as:
• Infotrac Custom Journals – provides access to Gale’s online full-text periodical collection. Customers can select only the periodicals most appropriate for their institution and can manipulate the search interface and functionality – important features for institutions serving populations with unique, discipline-specific reference needs.
• Gale Directory Library – an online source for authoritative directories on companies, publishers, associations and more with state-of-the-art search and export features.
• Business and Company Resource Center (soon to be known as Business Insights: Essentials) – a comprehensive, single-source database for accurate, up-to-date and in-depth business, company and industry information. Users can access business case studies, investment data, timely statistics, real time financials and more, as well as Gale proprietary titles like Market Share Reporter and Business Rankings Annual.
• RDS Business Suite – an online subscription service of highly focused full-text coverage of company and industry news, competitive intelligence, management practices, and market research information. Includes more than1,400 worldwide business sources and thousands of tables with strategic data.
• Health and Wellness Resource Center – provides access to thousands of full-text medical journals, periodicals, reference works, multimedia and more. For researchers at all levels, this resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices.
“We are delighted to partner with Gale, a leading e-content provider, to offer databases, as well as electronic reference and monograph products, to our customers,” said Susan Wolper, President of Wolper Information Services. “Collaborating with Gale will enable Wolper to deliver some of the most respected and highest-quality content to libraries. This partnership was formed in response to the needs and interests of librarians in all market sectors.”
To learn more about this partnership and other offerings from Gale and Wolper Information Services, please contact Didi Yunginger at Didiy[.]wolper.com or visit the Wolper booth (#330) on the expo floor at the Medical Library Association conference in Seattle, WA, May 19-22.
About Cengage Learning and Gale
Cengage Learning (cengage.com / gale.cengage.com) is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. Gale, part of Cengage Learning, serves the world’s information and education needs through its vast and dynamic content pools, which are used by students and consumers in their libraries, schools and on the Internet. It is best known for the accuracy, breadth and convenience of its data, addressing all types of information needs – from homework help to health questions to business profiles – in a variety of formats.
About Wolper Information Services
For more than 35 years, Wolper (wolper.com) has been a one-stop information management resource and the only 100% woman-owned business in the field. The company provides selection, service and savings to medical, academic, corporate, public and consortia customers. Wolper’s High Tech, High Touch® approach delivers the perfect balance of next-generation technology and time-proven, personalized service. Besides serials, Wolper also handles books, e-books, site licenses, ERM and other information solutions, both print and electronic. In 2011, Wolper was named to the EContent 100 list of “companies that matter most in the digital content industry” and Wolper’s proprietary, custom, cloud-based content management software was a finalist for the KM Promise Award from KM World magazine. Also, in 2012, Wolper received the Bronze Award for Front-Line Customer Service of the Year from the Stevie Awards.