NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Dubai, UAE, United Arab Emirates, 2006/11/30 - The box office for the third annual Dubai International Film Festival is open, with six locations and a dedicated call centre for movie lovers to buy tickets to screenings, and panel discussions with key industry figures.
Tickets can also be purchased online through the festival’s website at dubaifilmfest.com; the website is a valuable source of information for all things DIFF, including trailers of select films, synopses of all the festival’s offerings, schedules, venue information and festival news.
New to the DIFF’s 2006 run is the DIFF Club Card, an incentive program designed in association with CineStar Cinemas that offers discounts and other perks to members.
With the purchase of two tickets, customers can enroll in the program and receive 15 percent off all DIFF merchandise and receive regular email updates on all DIFF Gala Films and ticket availability.
If 10 or more tickets are purchased at once, customers are eligible for the DIFF Club Classic card, which carries the additional benefits of AED 5 off each additional ticket purchased, priority seating for all DIFF screenings at Cinestar Mall of the Emirates, a 25 percent discount on food and beverage at select Madinat Jumeirah outlets, and a free DIFF Festival Guide.
Customers who purchase 25 or more tickets at once are automatically entered to win a draw for a selection of Gold Class tickets from CineStar Cinemas, the winner of which will be announced on the festival website on December 17.
Shivani Pandya, Managing Director of DIFF, spoke about the new program: “Besides making ticket purchases easy and convenient, we want to reward our customers to show our appreciation for their continued support of our event, which would not be the success that it is today without them. In coming years, we hope to expand the Club Card program into a year-round initiative that will create the foundation for a community of film aficionados here in Dubai.”
DIFF tickets can be purchased via three different methods:
1) In person: box offices are located at:
• CineStar Deira City Centre - November 30-December 17: 11 am to 10 pm
• CineStar Mall of the Emirates - November 30-December 10: 11 am to 10 pm - December 11-December 17: 10 am to 11 pm
• The Madinat Theatre at the Souk Madinat Jumeirah - November 30-December 10: 11 am to 10 pm - December 11-December 17: 10 am to 11 pm
• Madinat Arena - December 8-10: 11 am to 10 pm - December 11-17: 10 am to 11 pm
• Dubai Media City Building 2, lobby - November 30-December 10: 11 am to 6 pm - December 11-December 17: 10 am to 8 pm
• Dubai Media City Amphitheatre (for Screen on the Green outdoor screenings only) - December 11-December 16: 6 pm to 8:30 pm
2) Phone: the DIFF phone sales line can be reached on 04 367-6701.
• November 30-December 10: 10 am to 8 pm
• December 11-December 17: 9 am to 10 pm
3) Internet: Visit the festival website at dubaifilmfest.com for sales via Visa and Mastercard.
If a screening is sold out, there is still the option of the ‘Stand By’ queue, where patrons can buy tickets for any seats left unfilled 15 minutes prior to show time. Festival organizers insist that show times are firm and latecomers will not be admitted.
For prices for tickets, panel discussions, and special events, please consult the film festival website at dubaifilmfest.com. All venues are wheelchair accessible, and customer service staff can answer any concerns as to content and ratings.
DIFF will run for 8 days from December 10 to 17, 2006.
For further information, please contact:
Majid Wasi, Account Manager Jiwin
T: +971 4 361 3333 / F: +971 4 368 8001 - E: majid.wasi[.]jiwin.ae.