Avigilon, a leader in high-definition (HD) and megapixel video surveillance solutions, today announced the expansion of its next-generation H.264 technology platform with the addition of a high-definition Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) camera available in 1 or 2 megapixel (MP) resolution. The indoor and outdoor pendant PTZ cameras are targeted specifically at expansive areas with manned operations, such as large retail chains, airports, petrochemical, casinos, and city surveillance, among others.
“The global PTZ market was estimated to be worth over $1.3 billion USD in 2011,” said Gary Wong, senior analyst at IMS Research. “The network PTZ form factor is forecast to be one of the fastest growing security camera types towards 2016. Growth in excess of 25 percent year-on-year is projected for this category.”
The 1 and 2 MP PTZ cameras offer unsurpassed image quality with precise positioning and predictable high-speed tracking. Strengthened by the H3 platform with enhanced High-Definition Stream Management™, customers will benefit from lower bandwidth and storage requirements. The PTZ cameras also feature a custom-designed HD bubble made specifically for high-definition video.
“At Avigilon, our mandate is to deliver the broadest range of reliable megapixel cameras with the highest image quality so our customers always have the best evidence,” said Keith Marett, vice president of marketing and communications at Avigilon. “With the addition of the PTZ to our broad range of megapixel cameras we’re bringing precise high-speed tracking and combining it with the image quality we’re known for.”
Avigilon’s 1 and 2 MP PTZ cameras deliver the following features and benefits:
• Unsurpassed image quality with 20 times optical zoom and up to 12 times digital zoom
• Broad environmental conditions supported from -45 to 50 degrees Celsius/-50 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit for challenging outdoor installations
• Simplified installation with PoE plus power
• Easily track targets with 360 degree endless rotation up to 450 degrees per second
• Smooth operation and captures fluid motion with 30 frames per second
• High quality, low-bandwidth images at higher frame rates with H.264 compression
• ONVIF compliance for integration with Avigilon Control Center and other leading VMS solutions
• Hides sensitive areas with 3D privacy mask
• Incomparable low light performance with day and night settings
• Identification of license plates from more than 275 meters/900 feet away
• External microphone and speaker support for two-way audio
• External I/O interface for connecting alarms and relays
• High reliability, backed by a three year limited warranty.
The 1 and 2 MP HD PTZ cameras on the H3 platform will ship in August 2012. Offering our customers low latency, the PTZ takes advantage of the H3 platform on the Avigilon Control Center 4.12 software. For more information on product availability please contact a local sales representative at avigilon.com/sales/.
Avigilon (avigilon.com) is defining the future of protection through innovative high-definition surveillance solutions. Delivering the world’s best image quality, our industry-leading HD network video management software and megapixel cameras are reinventing surveillance.