• GE to Showcase Its Global Experience in Providing a Wide Range of Treatment and Reuse Solutions to Diverse Industries
• GE to Spotlight its ZeeWeed* Ultrafiltration, E-Cell* Electrodeionization, Electrodialysis Reversal and RePAK* Technologies for Water and Wastewater Treatment and Reuse
GE (NYSE: GE) will display its advanced technologies, products and services that solve water challenges ranging from the exceptional to the routine at the Aquatech India conference, April 25-27, 2012, which is being held at Pragati Maidan Exhibition Center in New Delhi, India. GE also will showcase the technical knowledge and practical experience of GE applications and industry experts who work on finding treatment and reuse solutions for diverse industries throughout the world.
“GE offers next-generation solutions to help our customers meet their industrial and municipal needs,” said Hoshang Subawalla, India region executive—water and process technologies for GE Power & Water. “Developed from significant R&D investments, our diverse and integrated portfolio helps customers treat their toughest water challenges and then achieve responsible, sustainable resource and cost savings. Our goal is to help customers lower their water and energy consumption, improve water quality and water conservation and meet all regulatory and environmental requirements.”
The innovative offerings being showcased at Aquatech India affirm GE’s commitment to help industrial, governmental, municipal and other customers solve their toughest water availability and quality problems and to capitalize on water-related productivity, energy use and environmental opportunities.
Highlights of GE’s water technology portfolio that will be on display at Booth #1115 include:
• ZeeWeed* – GE’s ZeeWeed* hollow-fiber, ultrafiltration membrane technology offers low life-cycle costs for water filtration, wastewater treatment and reuse.
• Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) – GE’s MBR is suited for wide-ranging wastewater treatment and reuse applications. GE’s newest MBR system, LEAPmbr, showcased at Aquatech India, offers extremely compact footprint, simplified operation and consistently higher quality permeate than conventional wastewater treatment systems.
• Electrodialysis Reversal (EDR) – High recovery systems for wastewater reclamation, reverse osmosis reject recovery and surface/well-water desalting. Outstanding recovery for water with high suspended solids.
• Electrodeionization (EDI) – Reliable, low-cost ultrapure water (up to 18MOhm-cm resistivity) for multiple applications such as power generation (boiler feed and NOx control), semiconductors, microelectronics, etc.
• RePAK – An integrated ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis system that reduces capital, installation and operating costs, as well as installation lead time.
• Chemical and Monitoring Solutions – For boiler water treatment, clarification and filtration, cooling water treatment, process additives, pure water systems, wastewater treatment and remote monitoring and diagnostics.
• Brackish, Low Fouling, Sanitary and Industrial Membranes – Widest range of membranes suited for multiple separation applications across industries.
• Thermal Evaporators and Crystallizers – Reliable and efficient technologies to help achieve zero liquid discharge.
GE (ge.com) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE Energy works connecting people and ideas everywhere to create advanced technologies for powering a cleaner, more productive world. With more than 100,000 employees in over 100 countries, our diverse portfolio of product and service solutions and deep industry expertise help our customers solve their challenges locally. We serve the energy sector with technologies in such areas as natural gas, oil, coal and nuclear energy; wind, solar, biogas and water processing; energy management; and grid modernization. We also offer integrated solutions to serve energy- and water-intensive industries such as mining, metals, marine, petrochemical, food & beverage and unconventional fuels.
Follow GE Energy on Twitter @GE_Energy.
*Trademark of General Electric Company; may be registered in one or more countries.
Howard Masto, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: howard.masto[.]ge.com.
Beth Coffman, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: beth.coffman[.]mastopr.com.
Deepali Girdhar, GE India
P: +91 124 4808044 - E: deepali.girdhar[.]ge.com.
GE news, Masto Public Relations - E: information[.]mastopr.com.