NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2012/04/23 - National Instruments today announced a new wireless gateway and two new measurement nodes that extend the capabilities of the NI wireless sensor network (WSN) platform and illustrate the company’s commitment to wireless measurement technology. NASDAQ: NATI
• Plug directly into any CompactRIO chassis for wireless connectivity to distributed WSN measurement nodes with new WSN C Series gateway;
• Use new WSN serial nodes for wireless, programmable interface to thousands of sensors and instruments;
• Create complete wired and wireless measurement control systems with LabVIEW that are ideal for applications including environment monitoring, industrial measurements and control, and energy monitoring.
With NI LabVIEW system design software, engineers can easily integrate wired and wireless measurement and control systems and deploy autonomous programs to WSN nodes that perform local control, data analysis and event-based alarming or notification.
“Some of the world’s most challenging applications require a solution that combines both wired and wireless measurement and control systems,” said Jamie Smith, director of embedded systems product marketing for NI. “With the new WSN C Series gateway, NI is one of the only companies that can offer a complete, reconfigurable platform for these hybrid systems.”
NI 9795 C Series Gateway
• Aggregates measurement data from distributed WSN nodes, making data available within deployed LabVIEW Real-Time applications running on CompactRIO
• Adds to existing programmable and nonprogrammable WSN gateways to offer choices for cost and flexibility
NI WSN-3230 (1-port RS232) and NI WSN-3231 (1-port RS485) Serial Nodes
• Features one serial port and two digital I/O channels for discrete inputs, event detection and programmatic control
• Embeds query and parse algorithms directly on WSN node with LabVIEW WSN Module to create autonomous programmable interface to a variety of serial-based instruments, sensors and control boards
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Pricing and Contact Information
NI 9795 WSN gateway priced* from $399; €369; ¥48,000
NI WSN-3230/31 serial node priced* from $499; €459; ¥60,000
*All prices subject to change
11500 N Mopac Expwy, Austin, Texas 78759-3504
T: (800) 258-7022 / F: (512) 683-9300