NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2012/04/19 - Demonstrates superior large-scale sequential workload processing for business-critical applications (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
• Oracle today announced the Sun ZFS Storage 7420 appliance beat IBM’s highest current SPC-2 Result, based on SPC-2 throughput performance(1).
• Oracle’s Sun ZFS Storage 7420 appliance delivered 10,703.69 SPC-2 MBPS™ and SPC-2 Price-Performance of $35.24(2).
• Oracle’s Sun ZFS Storage Appliance’s SPC-2 MBPS performance was:
• 43 percent higher throughput than the IBM XIV at 7,467.99 SPC-2 MBPS(3).
• 242 percent higher throughput than the IBM V7000 at 3,132.87 SPC-2 MBPS(4).
• 10 percent higher throughput than the IBM DS8800 at 9,705.74 SPC-2 MBPS(1).
• The Sun ZFS Storage Appliance’s SPC-2 Price-Performance was:
• 4.3x better price-performance than the IBM XIV at $152.34(3).
• Over 2x better price-performance than the IBM V7000 at $71.32(4).
• 7.7x better price-performance than the IBM DS8800 at $270.38(1).
• The SPC-2 benchmark consists of three distinct workloads designed to demonstrate the performance of a storage subsystem during the execution of business critical applications that require the large-scale, sequential movement of data. Workloads include large file processing, large database queries and video on demand.
“Oracle’s Sun ZFS Storage Appliances can deliver outstanding performance and cost savings versus other competitive solutions,” said Phil Bullinger, senior vice president, Storage, Oracle. “This latest result on the SPC-2 benchmark demonstrates the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance excels on workloads that matter most in the enterprise, and can do so at a fraction of the cost.”
• Oracle’s Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Series Family Data Sheet
• Oracle Storage Benchmarks
• Oracle Hardware on Facebook
• Oracle Hardware on Twitter.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SPC-2, SPC-2 MB/s and SPC-2 Price-Performance are trademarks of Storage Performance Council (SPC).
(1) Results as of April 19, 2012, for more information see storageperformance.org/results.
IBM DS8800. For additional analysis and breakdown of results, please see ideasinternational.com/.
(2) Sun ZFS Storage 7420 Appliance
(3) IBM XIV
(4) IBM Storwize V7000
Drew Smith, Blanc and Otus
P: +1.415.856.5127 - E: dsmith[.]blancandotus.com.