NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2012/04/18 - New release of Oracle Communications Service fulfillment suite helps service providers rapidly design and launch new services, efficiently deliver customer service orders and reduce it complexity (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle today announced a new release of its Oracle Communications Service Fulfillment suite with general availability of Oracle Communications Order and Service Management 7.2, Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management 7.2, Oracle Communications ASAP 7.2 and Oracle Communications Design Studio 7.2.
The Oracle Communications Service Fulfillment suite includes a set of open, standards-compliant applications that enable communications service providers (CSPs) to design, launch and deliver new services – such as LTE, IPTV, VoIP and broadband – quickly and cost effectively to keep pace with rapid changes in consumer preferences and technology.
This latest release of Oracle’s pre-integrated Service Fulfillment suite provides:
- A consistent, integrated design environment in Oracle Communications Design Studio that enables designers to define services once and share them across applications to standardize and accelerate service design;
- Productized support and implementation accelerators for a number of service and technology domains – including Mobile GSM/3GPP, Cable TV, Digital Video and VoIP – spanning service and resource design, order management, assignment and allocation within service and resource inventory, as well as activation of network elements and IT applications;
- New inventory federation capabilities to enable Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management to intelligently integrate with, and complement, existing inventory systems for connection oriented network technologies – helping CSPs to rapidly introduce next-generation services by leveraging existing inventory investments;
- Oracle Communications Service Fulfillment suite has been certified on a consistent technical platform that supports Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux operating systems, Oracle WebLogic Server application server and Oracle Database;
- CSPs can deploy the entire Oracle Communications Service Fulfillment suite or selectively implement specific applications in a modular fashion, integrating third party components. The suite is also fully integrated with the Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution using Oracle Application Integration Architecture to support an end-to-end “Order to Activate” business process.
“Many CSPs face growing problems with slow service introduction due to fragmented service design and inefficient order delivery. As a recognized market leader in service fulfillment, Oracle’s open, pre-integrated Service Fulfillment suite is increasingly attractive to CSPs seeking a unified approach to bundled service design and efficient order delivery orchestration that has been proven across a number of service domains,” said Mark Mortensen, principal analyst, Analysys Mason.
“Oracle Communications Service Fulfillment suite has been engineered to provide a common design time environment and an unprecedented level of integration across the key functions of service fulfillment: order management, inventory and service activation. This enables CSPs to rapidly design services and efficiently deliver orders with reduced IT complexity, cost and risk,” said Liam Maxwell, vice president, products, Oracle Communications.
Oracle Communications on Diigo | Oracle Communications on Facebook | Oracle Communications on Twitter | Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle’s software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape — from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Janice Hazen, O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1 443-759-8151 - E: jhazen[.]okco.com.