NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Dorval, Québec, Canada, 2012/04/11 - High-bandwidth solution extends two DVI video, keyboard, mouse, and USB for high-performance applications.
Matrox Graphics Inc. today unveiled Matrox® Avio™ F120, the first in a new line of fiber-optic KVM extenders designed for graphics-intensive and visualization applications. The Avio F120 transmitter and receiver pair extends two single-link DVI video, keyboard, mouse, audio, and USB HID devices from the host system by up to 2000 m (6562 ft) using a single duplex LC-LC fiber-optic cable. The uncompressed fiber-optic transmission maintains graphics performance and full frame-rate HD video playback with no latency at the remote station, while the computer remains safely secured in a climate-controlled machine room for enhanced security and easier IT maintenance. Furthermore, the Avio F120’s system-agnostic design and wide-ranging OS compatibility facilitate true plug-and-play deployment in industrial process control, oil and gas, 3D design and visualization, government, and military environments.
Matrox will be showcasing the Avio F120 KVM extender at NAB 2012 in booth# SL5115, from April 16-19, 2012.
"Matrox Avio F120 can separate the system’s I/O functionality from the system to reliably meet distance, security, safety, multi-display, and performance requirements," said Caroline Injoyan, Business Development Manager at Matrox Graphics, Inc. "The Avio F120 uses just one fiber-optic cable to transmit all I/O signals from the host computer to the remote dual-monitor station, drastically simplifying installation while enabling an uncompromised user experience, which are essential in high-performance applications.“
Additional Matrox Avio F120 features:
- Extends two single-link DVI video with maximum resolutions of 1920x1200 per display or one dual-link DVI video at 2560x1600
- Supports maximum distances of 300 m (984 ft) in Multi-mode and 2000 m (6,562 ft) in Single-mode via an optional upgrade
- Includes USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse connectors, and multiple USB HID ports
- Enables a secondary user on the transmitter unit to access the host computer for maintenance or to share the remote desktop on a collaborative video wall
- DDC compliance and advanced EDID management for reliable communication between the remote displays and host system
- Compatible with Microsoft® Windows®, Linux®, Unix, and Mac OS® X operating systems
- Avio F120 Transmitter
Part number: AV-F120TXF
- Avio F120 Receiver
Part number: AV-F120RXF
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics is a leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professional markets. In-house design expertise, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and dedicated customer support make our solutions the premier choice in industries that require stable, high-reliability products. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with representation and offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.